Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Well, I guess I wasn't expecting that

Claude

The sound of a vase flying at a wall, and it smashing into microscopic pieces shattered my dream. 

"Just go to hell, you cochon!"  

"Gabreelle, you are being childish" the sound of my fathers' calm voice was shaking slightly, either with anger or fear. I drowned out their loud disagreement, and let my mind drift back to the dream that I was rudely awoken from. My mother had been there; I looked a lot like her, I had her emerald and jade eyes and pale golden hair. But I always thought that after my mum's death that I had turned into my dad, cold hard and ruthless. Basically cold - hearted. Anyway, the dream, my mum had been a shadow over the dream, forever watching. I could always see her smiling in the background egging me on, to keep following the girl. The girl, oh how I could sit with a thesaurus in my hand and still not have adequate words to describe her. She was clocked in a black veil that obscured her head, but I could tell she was the most attractive and unique looking girl in this world. She wore a dress that looked like it was made of red roses; the flower of passion. She would turn to look at me, then turn away again. And I would grow increasingly annoyed and frustrated. Then she beckoned me to follow her, I looked up to the sky? Roof? I had no idea what it was, but it was purple and in a forever twisting pattern, that didn't have a start or an end. And I would see my mum's smiling face urging me to follow, like she knew this girl was important. So I would follow her, she started to walk faster, I picked up my pace. She started to jog her veil and dress billowing out as she jogged, I started to jog to keep up with her, she broke out into a sprint, man she could run, and I pushed myself further ignoring my protesting muscles. I couldn't let her get away, just because it meant a girl, in my dream could beat me, but because I knew she would always keep running, from something that I thought I could give her. I was catching up with her, I was brushing her back with my finger tips, she turned and smiled at me, I couldn't see it, but my stomach did flip flops, and my heart quivered. Then the dream had stopped because of Gabreelle calling my father a pig, due to some unknown reason. I sighed. I gradually got out of my gold and midnight blue bed, and walked down the hall yawning. The sound of a door slamming echoed through the apartment. I reached the living room and surveyed this scene of chaos from the doorway, a grimace etched onto my face. Every object which had an invisible sign saying 'I'm expensive and fragile do not drop me!!!' had been thrown against a wall and pieces littered the carpet. My father stood frozen against the wall, there were obvious signs that someone had aimed to hit him, but had missed, probably a woman throwing if it had been accidental. There were deep dents and grazes on the wall; surrounding my father like a fuzzy shadow behind him. His expression was of a blind man finally seeing; dawning was growing on his face. A guard was approaching my father; a hundred questions were about to be fired, while another was on the phone, to a cleanup team by the sound of it, and a search for my sister. Did she cause this havoc? I had never seen my sister lose control of her emotions in the 8 years she had lived in the same house as me, I always thought it was because her mum died in a freak accident on her 15th birthday, but ever since she came back from university she had become determined, filling out some plan in her head. I couldn't believe she had done this; the guards were improvising a plan which involved my sister as the threat, someone who would hurt my father willing. What on earth could they had of argued about to cause this much damage. I stood in the doorway engrossed in my own thoughts, and getting in the way of the guards trying to get passed. I noticed my father regain the use of his limbs and stagger towards me. But I couldn't hear a single word he spoke I only caught snippets through the pounding of a drum that was throbbing my eardrums. 

"Don't leave...Gabreelle, dangerous...trust no one...keep your mothers stuff, don't let them take it from you" 

I looked at him blankly, trying to piece together the words he was whispering frantically, my father had never whispered in his life, he thought his voice was to important to be hushed.