Chapter 24

Aldrics POV:

The lady told us about a phone call from the goverment. Since Dante was the 'official' prince he answered the phone.

After sometime of waiting he said farewell and hung up.

- What was it about?

I asked bored. It wasn't everyday you get a call from the goverment but here? it was almost daily.
Before I gave up being a prince I used to hate answering the calls from them. Eventhough Dante is the older one, our father wanted me to be king. I didn't want to follow in his footsteps after seeing what he became. So after days and days of fighting with him I was finally able to make him let me give up the throne.

- I need to go in. Another boring meeting to listen to.

He asked for his jacket and told them to get a car ready.

- Take her to my room and don't let her come out. She's still under punishment.

He started walking away.

- Oh and brother, don't do anything stupid, or I won't treat you like a brother after I get back.

- Don't worry, She's yours.

I smiled at him watching him leave.

I heard Mia shout from the other room.

I walked inside and saw the men getting ready to rape her. My body boiled with anger, and I moved closer yelling at them and getting them to back off.

I wrapped my blazer around Mia's shoulders and led her back to Dante's room.

I could see hatred in her eyes as we moved closer.

She went inside and I saw her slightly blush which I don't think she realized after all that embarrassment.

I made sure to Apologize to her on my brothers behalf for his impulsive behaviour. I didn't understand why you had to punish someone. Why couldn't you just talk it out?

Luckily she somewhat understood and smiled.

Her beautiful smile always made me melt.

- Goodnight Aldric.

Her sweet voice said.

- Goodnight Mia.

I watched her shut the door and slowly walked back to my room that was next to hers.

Mia's POV:

I heard the knock on the door and quickly got deressed. I was scared that Dante was already back.

- Excuse me miss, may I come in?

The voice of the maid made me calm down and let out a sigh of relief.

- Yeah, sure.

She came in and left the door open.

- Prince Aldric told me to ask for his blazer back.

She said searching for it.

- Oh...
I felt a bit sad and disapointed.

- It's okay go to bed I'll give it back to him.
I said signaling the maid that she can go. It was late and I didn't want her to overwork herself.

She left and I hugged the blazer taking in his scent one more time.

I won't do anything stupid or Dante will kill me.
I'll just return his property .

I kept saying to myself. I can't screw up.

I opened the door and walked a bit to get to Aldrics room.