C H A P T E R: T W E N T Y- T W O

Ignore mistakes if any...
Inline comments are love...

......................

Nandini's pov

Post breakfast i asked manik to make me sit in the high chair and asked him to give me the things i needed for the cupcakes... but befkre he could do that his mobile rang... he walked to the bed room and taking the mobile talking while i waited for him...

Manik: to mny Sahil ko kaha tha to look at that meeting! (I asked sahil to look at that meeting!)

He spoke while coming out making me looked at him... he stood in front me while talking... and all i did was to look at him creased his bearded cheek... he kept looking at me listening to the call...

Manik: mny jab kaha tha ky mein nhi a sakta to koi backup plan rakhna tha na! (When i clearly said that i can"t come then you shoukd have kept a backup plan damn it!)

He spoke with annoyed wat making me frown and then he ended the call without saying anything...
i just pulled his arms warpping them around me waist as i creased his cheek yet again asking...

Me: hey, don't be angry! what is it?

He looked down at me and then told me while rudding his thumb on my clothed waist...

Manik: we have an important meeting and i told sahil to do that but all of a sudden his mother is hospitalised and he being alone can't come! And no one knows about it except me!

I smiled and i kissrd his chin before saying...

Me: so go and attend the meeting!
Manik: how can i leave you all alone?

I smiled and was about to say something when the bell rang making us look at the door... he pulled back his arms and the walked to open the door while i sat there looking at the walk way...
it was jeff, mukti, alya, navya and soha.... i smiled at them while soha ran to me hugging me while complaining about my disappearance... i chuckled as i hugged her back and soon all of them met me and then i looked at manik who was still frowning looking at the mobile... i looked at my girls and then called him...

Me: manik!

He looked at me and i eyes him to come to me... placing my hand on his chest i spoke...

Me: they are with me know! So go and get the deal, till then i will make cupcakes for you! And plz don't argue! You didn't wanted to leave me alone but see they all are here!

Just then mukti came and put his hand on my shoulder making us look at her...

Mukti: han manik, don't worry! Tere anay tak hum yahan hai, aram sy ja or kaam kr rhy aja! (Yes manik Don't worry, till the time you come back we are here, so you can go easily and get done with your work!)
Alya: and will be get our girls time also!

I chuckled at alya who hified with soha and navya and i looked at manik who with a smile turned to look at me and cupping my face asked...

Manik: you sure you will be fine?

I blinked my eyes while mukti pulled him saying...

Mukti: get ready fast! You should be out in 5 mins!

I laughed as he made faces and then went inside... i looked at the girls... navya was standing in front the counter while alya took a seat beside me and soha to the last one... mukti too joined navya and we talked for a few seconds before manik came out of the room and walking to me cupped my face and kissing my forehead spoke...

Manik: i will be back as soon as i will be free! Just be fine!

I blinked my eyes and then he looked at the girls before walking to the door... looking back at me one more time he walked out... and after that we girls got busy with mukti helping me with the cupcakes... navya making the lunch and soha helping her and alya sitting beside me filling with every thing i missed out... we all laughed talking and doing the things that the time passed like few minutes... indeed friends are blessing in our lifes...

.........................

Manik's pov

As soon as the meeting ended i met the delicates and then walked down to the parking lot... since i came out of the apartment my mind was thinming about nandini only... I don't know how I completed the meeting all i wanted to do was to ran back to nandini... sittingbin the car i drove off and stopped at the single while bitting my lips and tapping on the steering wheel when there was a knock on my window... i moved my eyes to see a small kid of around 6 years standing there holding a bunch of flowers...

In a few moments i pulled down the window and i listened the kid....

Kid: bhaiya yeh phool ly lo! (Brother please buy these flowers!)

I couldn't hear anything but to think about our baby... i pulled back from my thoughts as the kid tapped my shoulder and i passed him a smile while saying...

Me: kitny ka hai? (How much?)
Kid: 20 ka aik! (20 per one flower!)

I smiled at him and taking my wallet took all the money which came in my fingers and said the kid...

Me: sab dy do! (Give them all!)

The kid smiled and passed me the flowers saying...

Kid: apni maa ky liay ly rhy ho bhaiya? (Brother you are taking it for your mother?)

I nodded in no saying...

Me: apki didi ky liay... (for your sister!)
Kid: didi ko bht psnd ay gy! (She will love it!)

I smiled at him and passed him the money who looked at it saying...

Kid: bhaiya yeh bht ziada hai! In ky to 200 bany hayn! (Brother this is too much, its only 200 for these!)

I smiled and spoke creasing his soft hair...

Me: apki didi ko yeh bht psnd hai! To yeh as a thank you? (Your sister loves this! So the remaining is for a thank you!)

The kid smiled and then thanking me ran from there.... i smiled at the kid closing my eyes when the car horn pulled me back to the world... i took a breath and drove the car back to my destination... my jaanu!

......................

Entering the code in entered inside to see all silent... and eventually the fear engulfed me as it was the same silence that took my love away from me... and in an instant i shouted nandini's name...

Me: nandini!

I took a step forward when a voice reached my ears making me sigh in relief....

Nandini: manik we are in the room!

Taking a deep breath i walked to the bedroom to see nandini sitting on the bed with his legs covered with the duvet... beside her navya sat while alya and soha sat towards their feet and mukti she was laying keeping her head in navya's lap... i looked at my love who passed me her ever so beautiful smile making me feel alive... i walked to her and sitting beside her passed her the flowers and took her in a side hug then i kissed her forehead... she smiled at me holding my hand... when alya asked making me come out ofmy world...

Alya: so how was the meeting?

I smiled at her and then spoke hugging nandini close to me...

Me: got the deal!

The girls smiled congratulating me while soha walked out and after a few mins she came inside holding a tray saying..

Soha: they you should be gifted with something!

I looked at the tray to see my fvrt fudge cupcakes... i smiled looking at them and nandini placed the flowers in her lap and taking a cupcake removed its liner and passed it to me... i smiled as i took it... it is her way to present me with cupcakes... she always remove the liner before giving it to me... i bite the cupcakes and cherised the flavour while i could feel nandini looking at me... i opened my eyes and made her take a bite she smiled at me taking a bite then looked others... and the few mins passed as we talking and laugh... all this while i was holding my jaanu close to me with my one arms... as mu other hand was held by her in her both hands...

.......................

How was it?
Do let me know!
Wiating to read the reviews!

#OkThanksBye