Episode 10: (Insert Cool Title)

"Shard's weakened. And it's likely he's going to be using upgrades and various other things to heal himself or make himself stronger." Talon said, pulling out a small blueprint he had stolen from his pocket. "Shard's not only been working on mutations, but also trying to combine upgrades into one form."

"Like super soldiers?" Nova asked, tilting her head as she looked at the blueprint. "Why not both? If I were some villainous overlord, that's what I'd do."

"A Shade can't handle their DNA being compromised AND all three upgrades added into their system all at the same time. It's like putting a bomb into your brain, but there's no timer." Talon explained. "So he's been experimenting with them separately. I can't really tell WHICH one he's gonna choose though, nor which mutant he'll become if he becomes a mutation."

Macy began to think, looking over the blueprint. "Well...if strategy serves me right, Shard will wanna go somewhere secluded to do this kind of thing while he's vulnerable."

"Is there any kind of hidden place he could go too? Or something very secure and impossible to break into?" Eclipse asked.

"Only one. The Base of Operations. Luckily, if that place goes down, The Shade will go into a panic." Talon said. "They're dependent on that place."

"What about The High Council?" Eclipse asked, tilting her head. "I've been on Earth for a while. But I'm pretty sure they won't be happy about Shard taking control of everything. He seems more in command than a Commander is supposed to be."

Talon went silent, and closed his purple eyes, looking down. He knew the answer.

Macy's eyes softened and she held Talon's hand. "Kitten..."

"...Shard made me kill them." Talon said, taking a deep breath. "I don't regret it. They're monsters, like he is. And I even changed my oath when I killed Kreji for all that he had done. It's just...being controlled like a puppet and actually relishing the blood being splattered over a blade...it was cruel...sadistic...Shard SMILED as I killed them!"

Nova and Eclipse went over. "He's a monster. And you aren't."

"I know, I know." Talon sighed. "But anyway, Shard took command and became the Supreme Commander. He rules everything and knows everything about The Shade Empire."

"So the plan is simple!" Nova said. "We go into The Base of Operations, find Shard, kill him, and then we find survivors?"

"I wish it were that easy." Talon said. "Dean?"

Macy brought out Dean from her pocket and then brought up a hologram of the base. "It's heavily fortified. It's like breaking out of the toughest prison in the world, except you're breaking into it."

"But if we can find something to break the forcefield for just a few seconds, we can break in and take out the base. But it would have to be a stealth mission."

Nova and Macy were about to squeal, but Eclipse pulled out her sword. "I ain't getting new ears too."

"Okay, okay, okay! Sorry! It's just exciting." Nova said with a shrug.

Eclipse then put the sword back in her sheath and looked at Macy. "Mind if I borrow Dean?"

Macy nodded and handed Dean to Eclipse, who started typing on his digital keyboard. "There SHOULD be some kind of distortion weapon that The Shade brought to break into the forcefield."

"Alright!" Macy cheered. "We can all look-"

"Ummm, actually! You and Tal look tired! Me and Nova will look for it!" She said as she wrapped her arm around Nova's shoulder.

Nova nodded before her eyes widened. "Wait, wha-"

"So, off to bed ya go!" Eclipse said as she pushed Talon and Macy into Macy's room and then slammed the door shut.

Talon blinked. "...What just happened?"

"I think we were the third wheel of something?" Macy asked, tilting her head.

"Third wheel? Wait, to Nova and Eclipse?" Talon asked, pointing outside despite the door in front of him.

Macy snorted. "Eclipse has had a crush on Nova for about a year. But she was good at hiding it due to her 'dark and mysterious edge lord' getup."

Talon blinked. "A human and a Shade. That's...interesting."

"Would you have liked me any less if I was still human?" Macy asked, purring and holding Talon's hand as she rested her forehead against his.

Talon purred as well before he smiled, blushing purple since he was still very new to this. "Nope."

The two purred for a bit before they let go of each other, smiling softly. Talon then sat down with her on the bed. "Can people find love during the end of the world?" He joked.

"Only in action movies. But I'm pretty sure the universe will make an exception for us~" She cooed, beginning to cuddle with him.

Talon purred again, and resting his head against hers. Like he had said when he confessed his feelings, he didn't feel like he had to be on his guard around her. He felt safe.

But then...Talon's tail brushed against Macy's fluffy one. Macy squeaked and looked up. "Uhh...Tal? Was...W-Was...?"

Talon just chuckled before he suddenly leaned in, his eyes almost glowing and screaming some kind of feeling. "That was on purpose~"

Macy squeaked again, her fuzzy face turning crimson and she froze up like ice, despite her face being as hot as fire.

...Do I really need to say anything else?

Seriously. Someone help me. I don't wanna narrate this to the world, but I have to keep narrating! SOMEONE HELP ME-

"G-Guess flirting with you for so long has finally taken its toll on you~ You're speaking my love language~" Macy said, leaning in as well and smirking, gaining that confidence again.

"I've learned enough from you to be fluent~" Talon purred, leaning in closer...and closer...and closer...

And- Wait...OH GOD. OH GOD. OH GOD, GUYS, THERE ARE MOST DEFINITELY NOT KIDS READING THIS, BUT STILL!!!