𝙽𝙰 - 20 - 𝙽𝙰

jaemin pulled his house keys out of his pocket, sliding it in the door lock before opening the door.

today had been a long day.

no donghyuck.

mina being clingy.

her pointing out the 'crazy' resemblance of his and NA's names.

and still no donghyuck.

but it seemed like it wouldn't last for long.

"donghyuck?" jaemin asked opening the front door to see the demon sitting at the dining table.

"hey..." the demon gave a shy smile to the human.

"is everything alright?" jaemin asked, closing the door behind his back as he took his jacket off.

"i... wanted us to talk..." donghyuck said.

jaemin's heartbeat started accelerating in his chest as he made his way to the chair in front of donghyuck.

he sat down, his eyes never leaving those of the demon.

"are you sure everything's alright?" jaemin asked again worriedly.

the demon in front of him was weird.

he seemed to be sad.

or at least troubled.

jaemin hated that. he wanted to see him smile. he wanted to be a victim of his teasing.

just like the old times...

"yeah..." donghyuck nodded, but his answer didn't convince jaemin.

nevertheless, he stopped asking this question.

"what do you want us to talk about?" jaemin questioned, smiling at the demon to encourage him.

the atmosphere was awkward.

both boys could feel it.

"i'm sorry for what i've done." donghyuck said.

"w-what?" jaemin stuttered. "what are you sorry for?"

"kissing you." donghyuck stated. "i got past my boundaries. i know you like mina and everything, and i shouldn't have done that. for my defense, i didn't know that it would prevent you from killing me, but anyway... i shouldn't have done that knowing your feelings for the other girl."

"huh... no, actually- "

"that's why i want to make a deal." donghyuck cut jaemin.

"but- "

"do you want to listen to my deal, jaemin?"

the human hadn't much choice.

"yes."

"so." donghyuck clapped his hands. "let's forget everything that happened. we erase it from our memories. and we act like we used to. no more worries, no more awkwardness. so, deal?"