Chapter Nine

"Is something going on?" Skeppy asked, as he started feeling something like a magical feeling.

"What do you mean?" George asked.

"It feels like magic..? I don't know how to explain it." Skeppy shrugged.

George looked at him, eyes widening. "You didn't die? How were you here then?" He asked.

"What? What does that mean?" Skeppy asked.

"This is the afterlife, Skeppy...  What you just explained was the feeling of dying." George responded.

"Oh.." Skeppy couldn't say anything else.

"Concentrate on your hearing..  Can you hear anything in the real world?" George asked.

"I can hear- panicked yelling and long beeps." Skeppy said, trying to show no emotions.

"I think you're in a hospital." George deduced.

"That does make sense.." Skeppy said.

"Can you hear anything?" Skeppy asked.

"No, I'm already dead..-" George cut himself off.

"What? Did something happen?" Skeppy asked, concerned.

"I hear loud winds..." George said in disbelief.

"Doesn't that mean you're-" Skeppy got cut off.

"I'M ALIVEE!"

"Then how are you here?" Skeppy asked.

"Why are you here? Maybe we're both here for the same reason." George replies.

"I'm in a hospital, but you say you're hearing loud winds.  Winds aren't in a hospital, George." Skeppy responded.

"..Maybe I'm underground, y'know, in a grave..?" George said, questioning himself.

"That's the most likely answer so far." Skeppy said.

"Where did you die? Maybe if I ever wake up I can bring the others there." Skeppy asked.

"I died near Dream's home.  Dream and I were stargazing when they attacked us." George replied.

"Okay, I'll ask him where his house was then we'll go- that is, if I stay alive." Skeppy spoke.

"Cross our fingers?" George said, putting his hand in front of his face and crossing his fingers.

"Cross our fingers." Skeppy replied, doing the same movement George did.