❀ m. fushiguro - unrequited

{art credits: @//hisui_071 on twt}

thank you sm for 3k reads!! <3

~normal high school au~

❤︎❤︎❤︎

"There's someone I like.."

"Really!? Are they in the same class as us?" You sat up in surprisement as you sat on the school rooftop eating lunch together with Itadori.

"Yup!" He grinned.

"Who are they?" You asked, staring at him intently, poking your straw through the strawberry milk box.

"It's a secret. I'll tell you one day!" He said, taking a bite from his sandwich.

"Promise?" You held your pinky out.

"Promise!" He said as he intertwined his pink with yours.

You had hoped the person he liked was you since for a while now,  you had been harboring feelings for the boy. Itadori was one of your best friends and so were you, meaning that you have had to at least have a tiny bit of a higher chance of him liking you back. Ever since you had became friends with him, he would always be there by your side and was always there to cheer you up. Over time, you slowly found yourself staring at him whenever you saw him or even found yourself looking around for him when he wasn't there and you eventually came to terms that you had feelings for him.

~

"Hey. Let's go to class." Megumi greeted you in the hallways.

"Hey Megumi. Oh yeah, I have something to tell you too!" You said, walking besides him.

"What is it?" He asked.

You looked around, making sure nobody was close enough to hear in on the conversation. "It's about Yuuji. At lunch he told me that he liked someone.."

"Did he tell you who?" He asked curiously.

"Nope, but I really want to know! I'm kind of hoping it's a certain someone.." You felt your face growing warmer.

"A certain.. someone?" He raised an eyebrow at you.

"Yeah, I actually kind of like him.." You nervously chuckled.

"Wait, really?"

"Yup! Don't tell him though!

"Oh. Well, maybe he does like you back." He said quietly, staring at the hallway's white floors as the two of you walked to class together.

"You really think so? Do you think you could ask him for me? Please!" You begged him as you held onto one of his arms.

"I don't know. We don't talk about that stuff. It's not my place to tell you anyways." He said in his monotonous tone.

"Please Megumi! Just this small favor! You'll be my favorite person if you do!" You said as you clasped your hands together, looking at him with pleading eyes.

"Oh so I was never your favorite person?" A small smirk appeared on his face as he teased you.

"Uh- Okay, yeah you are! But I was just saying that so you could say yes!" You sulked.

"Okay fine. I'll try to ask him after school. No promises, though." He sighed.

"Really?! Thanks Megumi!" You said as you wrapped your arms around him, excited that you would finally be able to find out if your crush felt the same about you.

"Yeah, yeah." A small blush dusted his face.

"Now let's go to class, weirdo." He muttered, lightly bumping your head with his fist.