Promise

TW: DEATH, INJURY, PANIC ATTACKS, MANIPULATION, LIGHTING/THUNDER, BODY HORROR, TEARS, LANGUAGE

Tubbo let out a harsh sound that sounded like anguish.
Kill... Micheal...?

Dream cackled. "Yes, if you kill the little thing, you'll live! Hey, maybe you'll even see Ranboo again- If you could ever forgive him of course," he purred, as if he had read Tubbo's mind.

Tubbo's mind was blank. He couldn't possibly process the idea.
Dream stepped around behind him.
"You can have time to say goodbye, of course. I'm not a monster-"

Tubbo shuddered. Liar.

The boy felt so numb, the idea of hurting his own son swirling and addling his mind.
Quietly, he sobbed.
I want Ranboo back.

"Ranboo isn't able to help you now, Tubbo. You don't have a totem,(he paused to let out a demented giggle),  you can't save him."
Totem..?
Dream grinned wickedly. "It's your choice. Time starts now."

What can even do..?

Something clutched at the brunette's shirt.

Micheal..?
The little piglin bumped his snout against his father's chin, still sheltered protectively in his arms.
"Papa-"

Tubbo hushed him quietly, holding one of Micheal's hooves in his hand.
He leaned down, whispering in his ear, plan formulating.
"Do you remember Mr. Foolish?"

Micheal nodded gently.
"Do you remember where he lives?"
Micheal nodded again, smiling at memories of strolling through Snowchester.

"Baby, when I tell you I want you to go find Mr. Foolish at his house and bring him back here."
Micheal's little brow furrowed for a second. It's cold out..

Tubbo smiled shakily.
"You'll be safe."

I promise.

"Times up," Dream hissed, right by his ear.
Tubbo shivered at the sound of Ranboo screaming angrily in the margins of his words.

The goat got up shakily, placing a kiss on Micheal's head.
I promise.

Dream smiled at him, handing him Ranboo's axe from the snow.
"Fitting isn't it. To be killed at the hands of his father while using the axe of the other."

Tubbo kept his mouth shut, permitting a few tears to fall. "It'll be better this way. He won't suffer."

"Exactly," said Dream, puppeting Ranboo around. "He'll be free."

Tubbo turned to Micheal, axe in hand. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry"

Dream watched in glee from Tubbo's side, the short brunette lifting an axe over his son's head. A death sentence.
Micheal whimpered. "Papa?"

Tubbo shed another tear, axe poised to strike. Now.
"MICHEAL, RUN!"

Tubbo swung the axe directly into Dream's arm, his much smaller son skittering away over the snow.

The creature roared in pain, swinging wildly at Tubbo.
Tubbo leaped backwards, axe in both hands. He readied again to strike.
I promised.

Dream swung at him, a long arm grazing the brunettes side in less than a second.
"YOU'RE DEAD-," he screamed, rage overtaking his stolen form.
"YOU AND THE KID WILL BOTH DIE, THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!"

Tubbo shed another tear, embedding the axe in Dream's side. He refused to say a word.
That he would be safe.

Another enderian shriek. Another swing of the axe.
I am not a liar.