The Assemble

"Call it, Marco."

"All right, listen up," I briefed everyone. "Until we can close that portal, our priority is containment. Dipper, I want you on the top of the roof. Eyes on everything. Call out patterns and strays. Luz, you got the perimeter. Anything gets more than three blocks out, you turn it back or you turn it to ash."

"Can you give me a lift?" Dipper asked.

"Right. Better hang on, Lil Sherlock," Luz answered, picking up Dipper before skyrocketing into the atmosphere.

"Star, you got to try and bottleneck that portal," I directed. "Slow them down. You got your magic. Light the bastards up. Mabel and I, we stay here on the ground. We keep the fighting here. And Eda... "

"Smash."

Eda responded with a smirk on her face as she leaped into the air, crushing every beaked character in sight. The rampage the beast unleashed led to her leaping in front of flight paths, impaling witches, and splitting ships in pieces. Elsewhere, Star flew to the top of a skyscraper point near the portal, pointing her wand in the sky, summoning light rays. As the building charged up from the sky, Star redirected the energy towards the mouth of the portal, exploding several of the dragons entering the portal.

---

Crew members aboard the helicarrier were filled with clamor as animal agents scattered to wherever they were suppose to be.

"Sir. The Council is on," Carl informed Major Monogram.

---

"Luz, you got a lot of strays sniffing your tail!" Dipper alerted, shooting at more witch spaceships in the sky.

"I'm just trying to... keep them off the streets," Luz replied, swerving around more gunfire.

"Well, they can't turn very well," Dipper suggested. "So find a tight corner."

"I will... roger that."

Luz yanked the controls of her owl staff, swaying around buildings while Dipper sniped another witch flying with an incendiary bullet.

"Oh, boy."

Luz ducked under a car parking lot, with explosions and tumbling ships bumping into the walls and the edges of the entrance and exits of the parking lot. 

"Nice call," Luz said. "What else you got?"

"Well, Star is taking on a squadron down on Sixth."

"... and she didn't invite me. "

Another dragon approached one of the towers full of civilians, and for a moment, it seemed as they would all die, when the moment was interrupted by Eda, forcefully pulling down the flying creature away from the tower.

On the ground, Mabel continued to take down more of the masked individuals, using a grappling hook to trap one of the witches, and slung him right at the others. The girl was almost squished by another witch who attempted to immobilize her, but Mabel blasted the witch with a stolen wand from more of the Coven witches. When she used the wand to take out more platoons, Marco jumped out of nowhere while Mabel was disoriented in the battle. The girl, starting to fill with exhaust, looked up towards still more endless ships coming through the circle in the sky.

"Marco, none of this is going to mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal," Mabel reminded him.

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it," Marco reminded.

"Well, maybe it's not about guns," Mabel deduced, looking at the spaceships deploying the witches down below.

"If you want to get up there, you're going to need a ride," Marco said.