Chapter 7

"Did you do all this?" Urokodaki asked Akihiro.

"Yes!" Akihiro responded. "Being a demon and relishing in other people's pain was a wonderful experience! There's nothing quite like murdering a person and staring into their eyes as all hope fades away."

"You're a sick person!" Urokodaki yelled. "There were children!"

"And? Believe me, sensei, there is no real separation between an adult and a child. Children just squeal a lot more."

Akihiro let out a laugh. Urokodaki grit his teeth.

"Giyuu." Shinobu whispered. "We don't have time for this."

Giyuu nodded and looked at Akihiro. "Leave now, and you might just live."

Akihiro laughed again. "What makes you think I would submit so easily? Don't forget that you're essentially defending a monster."

Giyuu looked at Urokodaki. "What does he mean?"

"Look, sensei!" Akihiro said to Urokodaki. "Your student doesn't even trust you! It shows how terrible of a teacher you really are."

Urokodaki clenched the handle of his blade, still in it's scabbard.

Akihiro looked at Giyuu. "Such a shame that this man was your sensei. I mean... look at him!" He pointed his katana at Urokodaki. "He's an old, bumbling fool that has no shame in abandoning his own students!"

"Sensei, what is he talking about?" Giyuu asked once again to Urokodaki.

Urokodaki sighed. He gave up.
"I... I trained Akihiro right after Tanjiro. He was a good student, and he worked hard. But... from what I saw of him... I knew he wouldn't survive the Final Selection."

Akihiro grinned. "Tell him what you did."

"I... abandoned him. I retired and left without telling him anything. I left him with no teacher and lived a selfish life by myself."

"Bingo!" Akihiro said, then turned to Giyuu. "You see? This is who your sensei truly is. He is nothing but a selfish idiot, oblivious to all the lives he has ruined!"

Akihiro looked at Urokodaki. "But you wanna know who didn't abandon me?! You wanna know who actually cared about me?! The Demon King! The very one you trained me to kill! He offered me the strength of a hundred men, something you could never do!"

Akihiro pointed his katana at Giyuu while still looking at Urokodaki.

"And now, now I'm gonna watch you suffer, as you watch everyone you've ever trained die in front of you... starting with this one!"

Akihiro started walking towards Giyuu. Giyuu raised his blade, ready to fight.

Suddenly, Urokodaki rammed Akihiro with his shoulder to stun him. He then turned and kicked Akihiro out the doorway.

And under the sun.

Akihiro burst into flames and screamed in agony as he crawled along the ground, looking for his straw hat.

"Go! Find Douma!" Urokodaki shouted as he drew his blade.

"You want us to just leave you here?!" Giyuu said.

"Yes! Now go!"

"Sensei, you don't stand a chance against him! What if you di-"

Urokodaki put his hand on Giyuu's shoulder.

"Do you wanna know why I came back for you?"

"Why?"

"Because I didn't want to repeat the same mistake I made with Akihiro. I... I didn't want to abandon my own student for my own selfish reasons.

I'm sorry."

The two of them just stood there for a while, making the most of their last moments together.

"You good?" Urokodaki asked.

"Yeah, I'm good." Giyuu answered, his face saddened.

"Then get the hell out of my home." Urokodaki said in a sarcastic voice. He pushed Giyuu towards the stable door.

"Go."

Giyuu stared at Urokodaki, and for the last time, he thanked him.

"Arigato, Urokodaki-sensei."

Giyuu and Shinobu went through the stable door to track down Douma. Urokodaki sighed in relief, then looked back at Akihiro. He wasn't burning anymore, as he had his straw hat back on, but he was shaking with rage.

"You... you did this to me!!" Akihiro exclaimed.

"I know." Urokodaki said. "I made you this way, and no amount of apologies can redeem me from what I did to you." He raised his blade and took his stance.

"So punish me now, boy!"

And at that moment, Urokodaki accepted his fate. He was a crude, selfish person.

And he ready for what he deserved.

. . .

Giyuu and Shinobu were outside now, and they ran towards the stables. Giyuu heard a miserable scream from behind him.

I failed to save a person I loved. Again.

Giyuu shook away these emotions. Grieving could come later. He had a mission to complete.

They made a right turn, and there they saw straw hat demons surrounding a carraige. They could clearly see Douma getting in, an umbrella over his head.

"DOUMA!!!" Shinobu screamed. She wasn't going to freeze anymore.

Douma looked back at her, and his face contorted into a wide grin. He waved with his left hand and quickly got in the carraige. The horses started running.

He was getting away.

END OF CHAPTER 7

NOOOOO SENSEIII! 😢😢😢

Well, that was that. Originally, he was gonna live, but I decided that if his character was gonna go full circle, he deserved an honorable end.

Oh, also sorry that this chapter was much shorter than usual. Looking at how I want the story to go, I think shorter chapters might be more beneficial from here on out. Although again, a chapter's word count is dictated from the story.

Leave your thoughts, comments, and reactions below! 🤗

-Mr. Veyrum.