Chapter 8: Noah

*Noah*

"You what?" She asked.

"I might have gotten into trouble..."

"And you got suspended... And so did Mary," she paused. "What were you two doing?" She took a step back and I could see she was in pain.

"No, not like that," I told her. "I punched someone and Mary talked back to-"

"A teacher." She finished.

"Yep." I nodded.

"So you two got kicked out of the wrestling team?"

"No," I stated. "I took the blame. Well Mary kind of not politely asked me to take all 20 days of suspension since she needs her record clean so that's what I did."

Her mouth fell open.

"Don't worry, records don't matter to me. I'm fine and so is Mary."

"Wait, hang on! So Mary told you- commanded you to take the suspension for her?" I nodded. "And you did it." She smacked me in the head.

"What the hell was that for?!" Ow!

"For being stupid." She told me.

"W-"

She gave me a kiss in the cheek.

I smirked and she rolled her eyes at me. "What was that for?"

"For being a gentleman."

"I can get used to this." My arms wrapped themselves around her waist.

"But," she pushed away. "We are in public and everyone in this town knows about you and Mary. I don't want rumors."

I nodded and let go.

I held Rosie's hand as we walked through the mall.

The walk has been nice. We haven't talked, but just the feeling of holding her hand makes all the risk we are taking worth it.

"We have to get back to school."

In school we had a system where Seniors left school earlier, but those of us that are in a club have to be there for practice. We had two choices. We could leave school and come back or we could stay in school.

We all had different choices.

Rosie left early and came back. She's a dancer. Mary and Luke choose to stay and help J around or other teachers. While I did what I felt like.

I nodded to Rosie and we headed back to school.

•~•~•~

From the halls you could hear practice had started already.

I checked the time and it wasn't even time yet.

I walked in and saw Mary wrestling Luke. I scanned the room and J was nowhere near.

'Get off of her' I mind linked Luke.

Luke stopped wrestling Mary and Mary looked up at me.

"What?" She snapped.

"What are you two doing here, ALONE?" I asked.

"That would be none of your business, Mr. Alwayszoomoffduringwhatevertheheckyouaresaying'"

"Mary A-" before I could get to finish saying her full name the other wrestlers started walking in and Mary smiled at me.

"I'm sorry, but I need to go." She sarcastically smiled once again and left me standing there.

"What's up with you lately?" Luke asked.

"I want everyone in the tracks in 5 minutes!!"

Today is not going to be a good day.

•~•~•

"I want everyone running a mile. No walking or jogging! You are all running or sprinting! And I want it done in less then 6 minutes!" I shouted and all the boys nodded and started going.

I looked over at Mary and the girls.

"You all have 2 miles in less then 10 minutes! Whoever doesn't get here before the timer goes off is out of the team!" Is she trying to compete with me?

"We can do this." She said, but it sounded more like she pleaded.

They all nodded and left.

I shook my head and Mary noticed.

She looked somewhere else trying not to look at me.

"My boys are going to win."

"In your dreams."

"I'm not talking to you." I lied.

"I don't think Casper counts as someone that would talk back. So I'm going to assume you are nuts."

"Maybe I am." I smirked.

"I am sure you are." She smiled.

•~•~
William Smith on the side/top! (: