Chapter 6-Welcome back!

Jenna and Macey sprinted towards Kate and Hailey as they embraced each other in a hug. "HEY GIRLS, WE ARE BACKKKK!" They squealed as they celebrated their return to the school. None of them even turned around to bid farewell to their parents as they rolled their luggage to the front of the school. The holidays were over, and all the fun as well. Kate and Hailey had spent their time practicing for the next school year (though it didn't go quite the way Hailey's mother wanted it to), whilst Jenna and Macey often met up to cause trouble. It was a wonder how they never really got caught, but it sure did give their ego a boost! JHMK had fun reminiscing their holiday and the previous year as they chattered in the lobby. Recalling what was expected of them on the first they of school, they finally dragged their luggage with them and headed into the packed hall.

They took their seats on the left side as they witnessed year one girls and boys on the right side of the hall struggling and resisting. Screams filled the other half of the hall whilst excited chatters filled the left side. "NO! I WANNA GO HOME!" A girl cried out at the top of her lungs. No one paid much attention to her though. Most of the other year ones were having similar reactions about coming to this notorious school. "I can still remember the first day of year one..." Jenna giggled nervously. She, of course, had to be the one to put up a big fuss and get noticed by the headmistress. "I don't understand what the fuss is all about. I mean...this school was honestly really chill other than some crazy punishment issues but still..." Macey commented. Hailey and Kate looked at each other knowingly. "It isn't about the first year. It was to make sure we wouldn't run off. That is why they were much kinder.I read the contract that my father and mother signed. If we stayed successfully for the first year, we would be bound to a contract where we have to stay for the remaining 6 years, and the Teachers are going to be much harsher, stricter and more brutal..." Hailey explained. Jenna and Macey were in a state of shock. "So THAT's what the fuss is about...." Macey muttered, displeased at the thought of being punished more heavily. The first year was too good to be true. It was not as strict as the public made it out to be, but little did they know it was all a trap to lure them into the 6 year contract.

Suddenly, the hall quietened down and everyone looked to the front. There, headmistress in her tight pencil skirt and blazer strode confidently into the hall. "Good morning girls and boys. The year ones and their parents, please remain seated in the hall for a briefing. The other levels, you know the drill." Headmistress' voice boomed across the hall. The seniors immediately stood up and bowed before gathering around the notice board in the front of the hall. "Ugh great, our dorm is on level 8..." Hailey groaned. "At least all four of us are in the same room!" Macey tried to cheer her up. Hailey smiled and they took hold of their luggage before trudging up the 8 levels. As always, they stopped multiple times in the middle to catch their breath and rest their sore legs. After a lot of struggle, they made it to their dorm. Kate opened the room door and they gaped in amazement. There were two bunk beds on each side, their names labelled on each as always. Jenna and Macey were on the top two, whilst Kate and Hailey were on the bottom two. At the end of the room were four dressing tables lined up against the wall, four drawers and four closets side by side to each other in a row. The room was significantly larger, and as always the washing machine was in there for them.

The four walked towards their beds and dumped their luggage by the side before laying down. "Ahhh, this is nice..." Jenna sighed in contentment. "I can't wait to see sir again!" Hailey exclaimed, whilst the other three nodded. Kate walked over to gather the letters and tablets waiting on the dressing tables and tossed it to their respective owners. "OMG, this year we are using tablets instead of journals!" Macey commented. They opened it and saw the pre-prepared apps. Their timetable, a map, the school dress code and the rules. There were different apps, a notes app and an announcements app, which they assumed was to be used by Sir and the school. The tablet even came with a stylus for them to use. It was so much more fun to play around with this new technology instead of using the boring old journal that they used the previous year. Also, this tablet came with a keyboard that was very satisfying to click on. They roamed around in the tablet, and as expected, the App Store was locked. Ever the sensible Kate was reading through all the pre-prepared pages. "Guys, check the announcements page!" Kate reminded them. Everyone opened up the app and read their schedule for the day.

9am—Meet your mentor at room 14, level 10.
11am—Mentor to bring you to your study room and to arrange administrative measures.
12.30pm—lunch.
2.30pm—Gather in the hall for a talk

Shoot! It was already 8.58am! The girls hurriedly opened their closet and threw on their school uniforms before dashing towards the tenth level. "Why is the room different from Sir's?" Jenna could not help but ask, panting slightly. "Perhaps, it's because your mentor is no longer Sir." A deep voice whispered, causing Jenna to jump in terror. "First rule—don't be late." The man said and walked towards them. Their legs turned into jelly instantly. What was happening?
___________________________________________________________________________________
1021 words if you wanna know
Hello guys, here is a cliffhanger! Also, I am back! I wasn't quite sure how I wanted this to go, but I have a much better idea of it now! Everyone should have read the first book already and it was sort of like multiple short stories pieced together. This book, I want to try to improve my novel writing skills so I will have one thick main plot that will flow throughout this book. Hopefully you guys like it! This book is going to be quite different from the previous one as mentioned in this chapter. The mentors will be a lot stricter now that they have the students locked in a contract. Anyways, feel free to comment what you think will happen, feedback or anything! Stay safe and happy. Peace out ✌️ 💗