Chapter 19- An Aunt and her Niece

Angie was getting ready. She picked out a pink maxi dress with a silver belt. Then she put on her favourite pair of tanned wedges. She sat at her dressing table and curled her hair. Violetta came in and sat down on Angie’s bed.

Violetta “Angie you look amazing”.

Angie “Thanks Vilu. You look beautiful”.

Violetta “Thank you. I’m so please you said yes to Dad”.

Angie “Me too. I love him so much and you Vilu. You and your Dad are my world”.

Violetta “You two make the cutest couple. You bring out the best in Dad”.

Angie “He brings out the best in me too. Both of you do. I hope you don’t think I’m going to replace your Mum because I’m not”.

Violetta “I know you won’t Angie. Anyway you have always been a Mother figure to me”.  Angie was teary.

Angie “And I’ve also see you as a daughter as well as my niece”.

Violetta “I can’t believe you’re going to be my step Mum”.

Angie “Me too. Your Dad told me you have organised a dinner to celebrate the engagement. Thank you Vilu”.

Violetta “You’re welcome. Come on we better go downstairs”.  Angie hugged Violetta.

They both walked downstairs together holding hands. Herman noticed them both.

Herman “My girls look stunning”.  He kissed Angie’s cheek and hugged Violetta.

Violetta “Come on we better get going”.

Angie “Okay coming Vilu”.

Herman “Go wait in the car Vilu. We will only be 1 minute”.

Violetta nodded and left. It was just Angie and Herman stood in the living room.

Herman “I also have another present for you”.

Angie “Oh Herman. You didn’t have to. The rings enough”.

Herman handed Angie a box. She opened it there was a locket. She opened the locket and saw a picture of her, Herman and Violetta.

Angie “Herman it’s beautiful”.  He put the locket on Angie and kissed her neck.

Hermann “You’re welcome. Let’s go”.  He held out his hand and Angie grabbed it.

Angie pulled Herman back and whispered into his ear.

Angie “Herman I love you”.  Herman smiled and kissed Angie on the lips.

They headed out towards the car to the restaurant.