Chapter 43- Confrontation and Care

Herman was walking up and down the floor impatiently waiting for Angie to return. He heard the door open and saw Angie been propped up by Grace, Chloe and Florence.

Herman "What's happened to Angie?".

Grace "She had one to many drinks after what you said to her".  Grace was angry.

Herman "I'll get her up to bed".    Herman picked Angie up and carried her to bed.

Angie started to mutter Angie "You know Florence I don't think I can be second prize. Maybe he doesnt love me and never did".  Herman looked at Angie with saddened eyes.

Herman "Oh Angie what have I done to you".  He placed her gently down on the bed and kissed her on the forehead. He then went back downstairs to see the girls waiting for him.

Grace "Well what you gotta say?". 

Florence "You two are getting married in 3 days and you go and say that. Why Herman?".

Herman "I wanted to be honest with Angie. I'm not gonna start married life based on a lie".

Grace "That's if she still want to marry you".

Herman "Okay I get why you're angry but it really has nothing to do with you".

Grace "Excuse me. Yes it does she's our friend and Florence's cousin. If I feel the need to protect her then I will. Maybe she should come back to France with me and Chloe".  Herman was now angry.

Herman "No I won't lose Angie for a second time".

Grace "Well it's your fault. You got her into this state". Chloe then interrupted.

Chloe "Look guys this isn't helping Angie. We all obviously care about her. Grace just let Herman and Angie talk then see what Angie wants to do after that. Okay?".

Grace "Okay".

Florence "Call me okay. Tell Angie I will see her tomorrow".

Herman "Okay night". They all left. Herman then went upstairs to check on Angie.He stood in the doorway. He could see Angie had tears in her eyes. He was saddened by this.