VIII

🎶tera mera rishta hai kaisa

ik pal door gawara nahi

tere liye har roz hai jeete

tujh ko diya mera waqt sabhi.. 🎶

◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

The next day was Friday. The class was over. Kiara and Aanchal were planning to go shopping as tomorrow would be the weekend which meant no class for two days.

"Kiara, can I talk to you for a minute?" Veer called out as they were about to leave the room.

Aanchal gave her a questioning look, while Kiara just shrugged.

All the students left the room, and now it was just Veer and Kiara.

He stood in front of her and put both his hands in his pocket.

"You know that you're an excellent cook, right?" He started to speak.

Kiara couldn't understand why he was saying this suddenly, so she stayed quiet.

"But there is something missing from your food. I couldn't understand what it was till yesterday."

Kiara didn't know what he was talking about.

"Yesterday I realised that the thing missing from your food is happiness."

Her eyes widened.

"Cooking is an art. An art that is done with one's whole heart. If you're not happy while cooking, it will radiate in your food." Veer's hands were itching to touch her face but he controlled himself.

"Mujhe pata hai Namit ke baare main. Ar mai yeh bhi samajhta hoon ki us dukh se ubharna aasan nahi hai. Islea mai ek mauka chahta hoon tumse. Give me a chance to make you fall in love with your ingredients. Give me a chance to show you how to put in your entire heart while cooking." Veer was now whispering and Kiara was in a daze listening to him.

She herself hadn't realised that she was not putting her heart into cooking. But here was a man who'd noticed so much about her and wanted to work on her, only if she'd allow him.

"Tell me, will you give me a chance?" He asked again.

"Yes," His eyes held a determination that made her agree to his request at once.