Midnight (Ch.3)

It had passed a while since dinner, everyone was in a room, whether it be there own or someone else's. The air still somber from Rantaros Departure but something felt...off.

   I stood up from my bed, and opened my door, walking out to the living room. "Honey is something the matter you look worried" Kirumi said, being in the living room. I jumped at the sound of her voice, thinking she was in her room "oh hey Kirumi, Oh Uhm, nothing, I'm just, probably over thinking or, something." My eyes darted from the floor and her face, sometimes the ceiling. "Are you worried about Kokichi?" She pressed her lips together in a concerned grimace.

  I pause, shifting a little in place "Y...yeah...what happened earlier concerns me, and how the vibe of tonight feels...it feels off" She nodded, sighing "Ecspecially how he reacted when Rantaro left" she patted the couch beside her, I sat with her. "you saw that too? He was crying, he never openly cries but it was like he couldn't control it" She pulled me into a slight hug "Rantaro was a huge comfort to him, he was devastated when he went off" I nodded

Right as I was about to reply Kokichis door opened, Kirumi and I looked over, he stood there, he looked like he'd been crying for hours, well, he had been. He looked at us and froze. "Kichi, You Okay?" He looked like a dear in the headlights "Uhm..." His voice shook "Yeah..Uhm.." he walked off, giving a fake smile as he did. "Honey do you need anything" he didn't respond, a few moments later heading back into his room.

  Me and Kirumi shared a look. "It'd be best to leave him alone I think, for now." I nodded, sighing, a persistent feeling aching me, I couldn't tell what though. "You should try to sleep, Sai", I nodded, getting up. "Alright Momma.. Goodnight" she smiled "Goodnight SaiSai"