Mayhem Maniac

Mayhem Maniac is a word that is derived from mayhem and maniac. It is used to describe an intense situation that no one has control over and usually stems from one cause (i.e. person in question).

I am Quinby Doryu Fuller. My name basically means estate of the women in the way of the dragon of one who shrinks cloth. The name is a bit chaotic, but it is original and unique, so what are you going to do about it? Nothing much.

I grew up in a small, but big, scottish family that lived in the rural areas of Scotland. My parents had a fascination with coming up with words and ideas. But, mostly words. They have a burning passion for it and it's scary to say the least. Then, there are my five siblings, or should I specifically say my five brothers? I am the only girl in the lot of children my parents decided to have and it's as amazing as it's going to get.

Having five brothers isn't as it's cracked up to be and in fact I didn't know it was supposed to be so amazing until I went to college in North America. In North America they all have books about these girl protagonists who had brothers(albeit younger or older) and they make it seem like having a brother or brother was amazing. That's all you could wish for. The more I read books in America the more I started to think of my home life. My eldest brother, Dumar, was basically the leader of us kids(my brothers and I). He was the glue of the group and he was full of wisdom and stupidity that it wasn't even funny.

Then there was Hendrick. Hendrick was the second oldest and he was basically the devil child of the kids. He was the scapegoat for most of us and in fact whenever when one of us was in trouble we would go to Hendrick and he would take the blame. The third oldest was Sirous and despite his name he was not serious as my parents probably hoped. No, instead he was the brother that would make you smile and laugh. He would cheer you up whenever you were down.

The fourth oldest was Andreas and he is your classic American shy boy with creativity flowing through his veins. That kid was a wizard in painting, sculpting, and just overall artsy stuff that didn't have to do with music. Then there was Elsie and I. Luckily I'm not the youngest of the lot of children that my parents had, no, that spot is reserved for Elsie. Elsie was born a mere five minutes after I was born and he was pretty neglected as a child, but what he was neglected by our parents and older siblings I took care of him in.

Elsie and I are always trying to protect one another, we don't like accepting help from the other. We're always fighting and most times we are always each other's worst enemies. Neither or less that doesn't stop me from taking care of my baby brother. I always had his back, I was always there for him.

But, I then moved to America. Elsie and my other brothers supported my dream of going to the great country, but they stayed behind and looked after our parents and our parents' farm. Even if they wanted to come, we just didn't have enough money to send more than one kid. My family wanted the best for me, they wanted me to have everything. But, when I first stepped on the land of America, I just saw how useless and small I was. I could barely survive on my own, but that didn't stop me from sending great letters to my family about the country that they dreamed of visiting.

I gave them high hopes. It was wrong of me. After living in America for five years I had earned enough cash to get a plane ride back home. My family had greeted me with open arms and when I told them all about America they had asked me why I didn't tell them sooner. I told them I didn't want them to be in debt, I didn't want them to look at the country any differently. They had forgiven me and so I lived with my family and helped them around the farm.

After three silent and peaceful years that's when I met Mr. Mayhem.

Mr. Mayhem was a wizard who was living in his early 30's and he had such profound wisdom. Peace. He had accomplished many things his life and he even mentored me for a bit. He has taught me the dynamics of this universe and the probabilities of others. He had taught with such passion.

But, it all changed.

He slowly regressed into a man who only knew chaos. He was looked down upon society and was shunned. He was forgotten and abandoned. That is why I'm writing this. People must know his story, they must remember him. They must know about him.

I will not let his life go in vain.

Mr. Mayhem's story was a slow descent into madness. He didn't one day wake up and was manic. No, he had a slow descent that slowly increased until there was nothing left of him. I can remember him teaching me about a spiritual world and he talked about his dreams. That he actually saw this spiritual world. That he got to experience it. He called it astral projection. He had a certain light when talking about his astral projections and everyday he had a new story, a new experience, a new lesson to learn. But, the light in his eyes slowly disappeared and darkness and hollowness replaced that light. He no longer wanted to talk about his astral projections, he no longer wanted to teach me.

He soon became sleep deprived and it was obvious he was trying to avoid sleep and I remember this distinct memory where he had fallen asleep he was screaming and thrashing about. When he awoke he was a broken man with fat tears running down his cheeks.

Ever since then I had helped him try and stay awake. I tried to help him create a machine to keep him awake. But, whenever I dozed off he would go off and do sinful crimes against all magic wielders. It started out small, like theifery, but then it slowly progressed to murder. He would take faery wings, take the birthstones from witches, he would gauge the eyes of warlocks. He was getting out of control.

Then, it all stopped, he stopped. He sat me down and he held down my wrist as he embedded permanent words of wisdom into my skin. He told me to not anger her, to not fight her, to love and accept her. Then, he died.

"Amor matre monstrifera sub obtentu." Love thy monster under the cloak.