Stolen Paintings| Sam Wilson, Bucky Barnes, Sharon Carter and Baron Zemo

Hey everyone!! So I'm still alive (yay) and well really been enjoying phase 4!! In today's fic we are in Sharon's secret hideout in Madripoor!!
Enjoy <3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leaning on Sam, we both see Bucky was right. "So all of these are real paintings?" We finally enter into Sharon's living room. Bucky immediately sits on the couch with Sharon trailing not so far behind. Sam who is still dumbfounded on his new discovery changes out of his suit.

Zemo sits off to the side alone, leaving me standing awkwardly by her tiny kitchen. Being honest, I didn't expect Zemo to be so... cooperative on this mission. I guess with super soldiers running loose, the best thing is to expect the unexpected.

Sharon stands, "Well, there's some clients I have to cater to, so if you excuse me, I have to get that set up." She edits with grace, lingering by my position and swiftly welcomes me with a warm smile. I've only met her once and it seems as if she remembers me.

Sam takes a seat next to Bucky. "So how you know those paintings are real?" "Are you still on that? Everyone knows." Sam overlooks Zemo, who is just enjoying his drink and staring at me, and drags me into their conversation. "Y/n, did you know museum paintings were fake?" Sam and Bucky await in silence, unintentionally betting on my response.

I fidget with my fingers, "No, actually. I've heard some rumors but didn't really expect it to be true." Sam whoops to which Bucky covers his ears, "Boom. Take that white panther-" White Wolf." "Don't matter, that shows you White Wolf, I'm not the only one with a 'gullible' mind."

Sam and Bucky become absorb to one another and Zemo quietly walks over, serving himself another drink. "Would you like one?" He startles me out of my thoughts- it's been a hectic couple of days with the John Walker scenario and Flag Smashers. "Oh, uhm, yes thank you."

He nods and in a blink of an eye, joins me in drinks. "Pardon the intrusion, but I wouldn't be able to blend in the party easily. I have never seen you before." His cheeks slightly blush, a clear sign of his frustration. He barely tilts his head to the right, trying to take me in. "Is that a question or a statement?", I laugh.

"Are you an Avenger?"  He's very serious and straight to the point. I finish the last sips of the drink and place it on the marble table. "No." He noticeably relaxes, an invisible weight lifted off his shoulders. Sam and Bucky have begun planning out outfits for the party- I swear they have for a thing for each other but I just can't put my mind on it.

Zemo grows quiet, lost in his own thoughts after being confident and a big shot all afternoon. He flinches when I rest a hand on his arm. "I know about your loss, the boys filled me in on the way to Berlin. I'm sorry."

He's taken back by that and in return lays one of his hand over mine, keeping it there. "You know that's the first anyone ever acknowledged that." "I also know what you did. It may not have been right, but I understand." He looks at the boys, who are now arguing over who has the best style. "You definitely are not an Avenger. Where do you come from?"

"Sam and I met after that whole meltdown at the airport. He branched off for a bit before returning with Steve Rogers and Natalia Romanova. In that time we became friends, but with the Blip, we haven't really been in communications until now."

He ponders, "And James?" "I have fewer time knowing him." "Hmm. And do you fight? You're not a super soldier or an Avenger." Sharon interrupts walking back in, "Clients are showing up! Hurry up and get your asses down here. We got a party to run."

Sam and Bucky join us. "Y/n, tell Bucky how handsome he looks in that outfit." Bucky looks at me with exhausted eyes. "You look great Buck. And so do you Sam." "I know. Now come on, we got some mysteries to solve." Zemo opens the door, "Ladies first."

Going down the steps, you can hear Sam loudly whispering to Bucky, "Seems like Zemo's taken kin to Y/n." Zemo clears his throat, "She's human. Unlike some people but let's not get into legitimates." We finally reach the crowd and decide to ultimately split up. Sam and Bucky pair up -per usual- though I prefer to go solo.

"You know, I'm a mutant. Pretty good at combat, actually originated out of here." Zemo is shocked, but appreciative of the answer to his forgotten question. "Interesting. You are very fascinating." My brows knit together, "Thanks."

A techno song begins playing overhead, "You know, Samuel and James, they don't know how to have fun. Would you care to dance with me?" He holds out his arm, a hopeful small smile to match mine, "As long as you don't step on me."