It Goes Down | Scott Lang and Bruce Banner

"My arms are tired."
I rub my temple as I tiredly face the whiny boy. The water under the tiny boat starts to shake the boat. Bruce sends me a warning glance. "We're not trying to die here, y/n."
"Sorry." I straighten up in my seat.

"You know what, I'm done." Scott throws the paddles out into the lake and huffs.
"Are you crazy?! How are we gonna get back?" I yelp.
"Bruce has 7 phds, he'll figure something out." He smiles.
We all just stare at each other. "Okay." Bruce finally whispers, breaking the silence.

Bruce starts studying the area, hence the reason we're here with him. I came for assistance since I can control the weather but really Scott and I came just for fun. I reach into my back pack and take out an Apple. "Scott, how's Hope?" I ask while munching into my apple. As soon as the h in Hope came out of my mouth his eyes lit up.

"She's doing great! She's actually working on some improvements on her wasp suit."
"Ooh that's exciting!! And Cassie?"
His smile gets even wider. "She's amazing! She's actually graduating from elementary soon."
"Aww, my little ant girl." I smile.
"Oh, I almost forgot! She asked me to invite you to the graduation."

"Of course I'll be there! I wouldn't miss out of my girl's graduation!"
"I'm actually surprised that the two of you hit it off since the first day you babysat her." Scott says.
I look at him in confusion. "What do you mean?"
He hesitates. "It's that you aren't the warmest person or a kid person."
"What do you mean?! I'm so warm and I love kids. Bruce tell him."

Bruce doesn't look up from his notebook. "Uhhh."
"You guys are unbelievable."
"Uh, you guys. This goes down." Scott says looking over his shoulder.
"What does?" I ask.
"The lake, it goes down."
"You're probably just seeing things." Bruce says not bothering to look up.

I follow Scott's gaze. "Banner this actually goes down."
He finally looks up and his eyes widen. "Stop the boat!" His skin starts to turn into a very light green.
"I threw the paddles away!" Scott cries. "I didn't think I was going to die like this."
I close my eyes while trying to block out Scott's cried and Bruce's whispering attempts to calm himself down.

I make a light tornado pick us up and gently guide us down the waterfall. A little audible splash is heard as we finally touch ground. I open my eyes and I see Scott in a fetal position and a passed out Bruce. "For the next trip, we seriously need to plan better." I sigh while guiding us to back to shore.