Part 6

Monday blues you may call them. Gay weather and lights off. It is not a good way to start your week. But what could we do? Nothing. I took my phone which was fully charged, thanks to the power company keeping us lit all night, and tapped my mobile banking app to check my balance and the smile on my face could tell you I had a few dollars to spare. My account would last us the short holiday given none of us was so extravagant spender. We had a lunch date at Rolf's Place and she passed by her room while I proceeded to mine. She had received a call from someone at their hostels and the urgency in her voice was convincing enough for me to let her go. She promised to sleepover at my place later in the evening for dinner and I was okay with that.

She did not come over that evening, nor two days after. She did not pick any of my calls and I was beginning to get worried. Maybe she had been kidnapped or something tragic happened and she did not bother telling me. But why? With an intimate connection, we had had a few days now. I gathered there's no reason for alarm so I set out to go check on her. I had a spare key to her room given she had really vested her trust in me over the few days we've been together. I walked through the alley, up the stairs to her room. There was loud music coming from the room. Unusual. I took three deliberate steps, stopped, took a deep breath, and turned the doorknob. The door swang open. I couldn't believe my eyes.

She turned her head to look at my direction. Her face, emotionless. I wanted to catch any sign of guilt or embarrassment but none came up. She was as expressionless as her butts that stared at me from the bed. No dismay, no horror. Nothing. The man had leaped beneath her as I entered, murmuring a horrified gasp, looked around the room as if to find a way out. I couldn't blame him. I was in the same position days ago. I just prayed he doesn't catch feelings. The way I had. I just cussed and banged the door on my way out. I furiously stepped down the stairs brushing my unkempt hair in dismay. I felt betrayed, cheated on, broken and I saw myself in a trash bin. After all "men are trash."

"Where the hell were you, Ciru?" She looked at me plainly. The same expressionless face she wore the day I caught her pants down. Women are agents of the devil, I tell you. This woman just looked me in my face and told me she just found herself in the entanglement. Fuck entanglement, I caught her cheating on me! This bitch. Oh, did I say cheating on me? Was she? I mean I hadn't told her I loved her, neither had she. I was overreacting and I knew it but at least she could respect what we had. What am I even saying? I am mad, my bad. "You know what, just worry about yourself, I will worry about me." I retorted and sank my head between my sweating palms.

Yeah, that's what happens to you when you can't confess your feelings early enough. But in Nairobi even if you write them on the walls, you will still get cheated on. They say she is only yours when you are inside her, the moment she out of your sight she is ours. Anyways, life moves on. I forgave her. I had no space to keep grudges in as much as I was hurt by her actions. Beautiful lasses always get away with shit in the easiest way. "Did y'all even use protection?" I inquired when she thought I had let it slide. She said something about the old boy being her ex and I don't know what but that was a long way to tell me that they didn't. I advised her to go to the hospital for a check-up in case of anything. We were cool again. But we were never going to spend a night in the same bed till I 'heal and she ensures she is UTI and STI free. I can't risk my health for that evil smile.

I still managed to wear my best smile despite all that and I guess that's how fools behave. Yeah, I was stupid for not calling it quits or just cutting off this beautiful lady. A clown. Clown of the year, for believing she was going to change for the better. But you all know with giving people second chances it is always two ways; they prove you a clown once again or change for the better. I hoped for the latter in her. I managed to take control of my gypsy blood and evade any moment that could lead to us getting intimate till I was sure we were safe. That only took four weekdays because that same Friday we were into it. This time I decide to let genital affairs be that, genital affairs. I did not want to involve the heart in genital matters as I had done earlier because I was twice shy, been bitten once.

The doctor at Edali Medical Centre had advised us to keep having check-ups often and gave us sex therapy sessions which were both helpful at the moment and could be reversed in the future. That's what their motto said, "Quality, Affordable Healthcare." That we got. And now we were going to have a healthy sex life, quality of course. Friday nights in Nairobi are ablaze. Nightclubs come to life and youths throng in their thousands. On a typical Friday night, revelers from around the capital and surrounding counties fill the city brothels, clubs, and pubs. Most of these revelers are campus students save for the few middle-class folks who splash their ill-earned cash to pole dancers in strip clubs. The poor lot, I mean campus students only afford cheap clubs where they drown in Keg Black and a mzinga of Konyagi of Kenya Cane.
We joined the lot at Bailey's at around ten into the night. We ordered food and a few drinks where we were later joined by Mannu and Jonteh who were in a company of two other ladies I had only seen twice in one of the house parties around campus and on freshmen party at Siron Place.

The week passed by and soon it was the festivities around the corner. The inevitable merry Christmas memes were all over social media and the annoying aunties had the guts to forward the long happy festivity messages and images of a white Jesus to us. Ciku was to travel home to see her granny whom she said she misses so much. Sorry, I hadn't introduced her to you earlier but by now you know her, Ciku. She was the prettiest girl from central Kenya I guess given she had a defined figure and a well-built butt. The common daughters of central Kenya had molar shaped backs and their bellies were storeyed. Not a sight you would want to see often. I must say she was lucky or maybe she did not eat whatever the others are given to eat in their young age. That was one thing that made her stand out among my all-time crushes. And I guess she was no longer a crush given I had already laid her not one time. I had crossed her name on the hit list. In as much as it sounds weird, I still kept a wishlist of ladies I was planning to shag through campus and I usually crossed their names or ticked against their names to confirm I was now done with them.

Next on my wishlist was a Somali babe, petite and beautiful as ever. She terrorized my heart whenever my eyes spotted her down the alley in the streets of Rongai. I had stalked her on Instagram and had enough intel to know where and when she went clubbing, where she went for a pedicure, and all her friends. She was a student at USIU Africa. The rest of the details like if she had a boyfriend or a 'sponsor' was of no interest to me as long as I achieved my target. Lay her. Yeah, that's life in the city. A big bedroom it is. Ciku was headed to Kiambu, her hometown and I felt relieved and free. Not that I couldn't pursue my 'dream girl's with her around but I couldn't show her that I was just like the other boys, ratchet. So I had all the time to plan my game well so that I cage Ameera. Just like the meaning of her name, Ameera was the princess I needed to complete my hitlist. She was the last one on my end year resolutions and I had to get her.

This was the moment I was waiting for all along. I confessed my 'feelings' to her and she found me witty with words and called me aggressive. I loved that given she saw how determined I was to get her by my side. It was so easy that I almost regretted not shooting my shot earlier. She was not the egocentric type of girl that we all think these international university chics are. She was sweet and reserved. Her subtle smile swooped me away and she left my thoughts in disarray. She caught me staring and blushed. I knew how to make her feel secure around me and I beat her in that. She tried to be strict but as soon as she accepted to visit me on the eve of Christmas, I knew she was down for all my advances. The D-day was here, my small room was all set; a dimly lit house with colored candles and I had sprayed the room with a lavender fragrance spray. She came dressed like a real princess! She gave me a bear hug and I ushered her to my humble abode. She sat next to me on my pallet bed and sighed with relief.