15 - Miscellaneous

It is not uncommon for various ITC series to be released together in the same sets. This was certainly the case in the 1990s, as already established, and even some more recent sets of merchandise include multiple episodes in one set. Notably, they include the SUPERMARIONATION box set, the ITC Retro-Action set, ITV DVD 60, etc - and of course the Carlton range is no exception. On 7th July 2003, a Cult TV Legends DVD was released contained The Prisoner (Arrival), Danger Man (Koroshi), The Saint (The House On Dragon Rock) and The Persuaders (Overture) on one set. A late 2001 VHS titled Stand By For Action from Carlton, in association with Vivid Imaginations, was a 29-minute presentation editing several episodes of Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, and Stingray.

 A late 2001 VHS titled Stand By For Action from Carlton, in association with Vivid Imaginations, was a 29-minute presentation editing several episodes of Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, and Stingray

Apologies for the poor picture quality (I think there must be something up with the tape). Ads featured on the tape were the same toy adverts promoting the fantastic Vivid Imagination toy range. A special DVD released on 7th April 2003 was exclusive to HMV - the Great SUPERMARIONATION sampler contained the first episodes of Fireball XL5, Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, and Joe 90. A limited number of copies were actually circulated before it was shortly deleted. The back and disc was designed in the Thunderbirds style DVD range and did not even include animated menus, but is a unique opportunity to get five pilot episodes on one disc, and was strictly Region 2. The Fireball XL5 episode, ahead of its UK complete series release, does not appear to be a new transfer. The 3 GERRY ANDERSON CLASSICS was released on 20th October 2003 and was simply a repackaging of the first three volumes of the Captain Scarlet and The Mysterons, Stingray and Joe 90 DVDs (nothing was different about the discs or covers whatsoever). The Stingray disc, unlike the other releases, was strictly Region 2.