16 - Mergance

The Carlton Visual Entertainment, as it was known since 2002, agreed with Granada (a British conglomerate better known as the parent from 1954 to 2004 of the Manchester-based Granada Television. Essentially, it was all ITV but were like different divisions of it. All forms of releases would from now on go on as Granada, and then as ITV DVD and then ITV Studios Global Entertainment. Some of Carlton's DVDs are still in print today in repackaged form! In the cases of the releases of DVDs like Stingray and Joe 90, the Carlton Video copyright warnings and logos are still on the DVDs! Cheapskates! Many of these shows have been re-released from Network Distributing and have had brand new restorations to their prints, looking even better than before. In fact, although Supercar and The Secret Service would have had their prints remastered by Carlton and have had their US DVD releases in May 2003, it would not have been until around April 2005 when they would be released by Network Distributing in the UK! Now, we can enjoy these shows whenever we want - and it was thanks to Carlton that launched these programmes into the new millennium. New fans would fall in love with these shows (and several of them would be remade!). Some of Carlton's products now remain very highly praised items among collectors and is a testimony as to how important and great the acquisition of these ITC series are by Carlton.