Chapter 3

Gu Gan was still sending messages nonstop. 

[NSN-GU]: [He will be at the warm up match with your team next Monday. It hasn’t been decided whether he’ll go up or not. ]

[NSN-GU]: [When the time comes, when you see him don’t make trouble. ]

[NSN-GU]: [You’re not a kid anymore. ]

[NSN-GU]: [I shouldn’t need to say this but I was worried that you’d suddenly find out during the match and it might affect your game. ] 

[NSN-GU]: [Although winning or losing the match won’t affect the team’s points for the season, I didn’t want to have an unfair advantage. You should mentally prepare yourself in advance. ]

Shi Luo had laughed enough and stared at the screen in a trance.

He had no idea if at this moment, at NSN’s base Yu Sui was standing next to Gu Gan’s computer, watching as Gu Gan asked him to take some precautionary measures.

Shi Luo rubbed the back of his neck and typed a question in response. [What’s there to prepare for?]

[NSN-GU]: [? ]

[IAC-Evil]: [Am I going to trade blows with him at the stadium? ]

[IAC-Evil]: [Don’t they say let bygones be bygones? I’ve forgotten all about those things.]

[IAC-Evil]: [By the way, just a friendly reminder, Captain Gu. Looks like you’ve just set off an issue. I’m doing a live broadcast. ] 

[NSN-GU]: [……]

[NSN-GU]: [… you. ]

Shi Luo typed with a smile: [Captain Gu was too fast. I couldn’t stop you. ]

After knowing that Shi Luo was doing a live broadcast, Gu Gan didn’t say anything more. Shi Luo also didn’t speak anymore. The two silently pushed against the opposing side. After the game, without even a greeting, they exited the map one after the other. 

Naturally, at this moment, none of the e-sports forums were very calm. Gu Gan had let out such big news that the forums exploded immediately.

There are too many points for the players to discuss. There were those hopefuls who were already dreaming about NSN winning the World Championships next season.  There were those who were regretting that NSN still lacked a great sniper. There were also those who wanted to watch the excitement and felt sorry that Yu Sui couldn’t be on the same team as Shi Luo. And there were still those who couldn’t set aside their hate and were still scolding Yu Sui for abandoning the domestic league before and thought that he was unworthy of returning. Reasonable discussions and personal attacks were flying all around. Then, there were the countless haters with private agendas taking the opportunity to create rumors. The forum administrators temporarily blocked posts until four or five o’clock in the morning, when the immortals could no longer stay awake and things gradually calmed down.

They’ve made enough noise and issued enough criticism that the rest calmed down and suddenly realized a problem: today was Saturday.

Saturday! 

In other words, after another day it would be Monday!

Every year, there was a three-month rest period after the end of the FOG World Championship matches until the start of the new season. During these three months, teams would officially or secretly reorganize. The professional league team that failed to secure their spot the previous year will go to play the qualifying matches. Newly transferred team members and coaches would familiarize themselves with their new team and teammates … During these messy three months, in order to keep the viewers’ attention and interest, the league inserted a one-month long period of preseason matches, which Gu Gan referred to as a “warm-up match”.