Chapter 11

Ji Yanhan had already touched Yu Sui’s nerve several times today. He didn’t understand and didn’t dare to ask. He quickly sent the schedule and sighed, “Isn’t it a bit too late to be going through a rebellious phase…?” 

In this way, Yu Sui lost face all over without even knowing it. It was a whole 24 hours later that he remembered that he had changed his WeChat nickname in order to add Shi Luo on WeChat.

He was worried that he’d be exposed by Shi Luo if he changed it back so he could only put up with it and resisted changing it back.

Coming from Yu Sui, this situation was too weird. But his friends in the industry didn’t dare ask. Yu Sui also didn’t have a way to explain it. He could only swallow down his anger and carry this pot.

“Tomorrow, the new season will begin again. So, let’s get our spirits up…” 

The manager of the team had returned to his hometown. Ji Yanhan, the club owner, had long been a hands-off kind of leader. As captain, Yu Sui had to carry the banner and symbolically hold the mobilization meeting for the team before the opening match.

The boss and manager were absent, and the team members were absent-minded, openly playing with their phones during the meeting. Yu Sui himself was not in the mood. He’d just opened the meeting but he was already impatient. “The regular season will begin immediately. We … if we play well, we get bonuses, if we don’t, we get sprayed online. That’s all, meeting adjourned.”

“It’s over?” The meeting leader, who was temporarily tasked with taking the minutes of the meeting, was told that the meeting was over so soon after he’d been seated. He was confused and said, all flustered, “I-I-I’ve just written two lines! The manager told me to send him the minutes after. It won’t do if it’s just this, right?”

“What’s wrong? You can just edit it a bit.” Yu Sui was used to just faking these things. He held a cigarette in his mouth and said vaguely, “Write in a bit more so they don’t say I just muddled through it. Alright, meeting’s over. ”

The team members were also all too glad to do things this way.  They picked up their phones and left the conference room.

“Oh, one more thing.” The meeting leader chased after them, “This quarter’s bonuses are out. Take a look at your transfer records. If there’s a problem, report it within a week. Thank you for all your hard work, everyone.”

Yu Sui took out his phone and glanced at the six-digit transfer record. He didn’t care too much. When he was about to put the phone back into his pants pocket, the phone vibrated.

[Luo]: [Are you still short of breakfast money? ] 

Yu Sui raised an eyebrow.

He’d been so busy the past few days, he’d almost forgotten about this rebellious boy.

He thought he’d have to be the one to look for the other and didn’t expect this rebellious kid to remember the matter about breakfast.

Yu Sui leaned against the wall of the corridor, holding a cigarette in his right hand and typing with his left. [Gege, you still remember me? ] 

[Luo]: […I asked you something. ]

Yu Sui smirked and typed: [I am. Gege, will you give me some money? asdfdkjf!! ]

Yu Sui smoked his cigarette. When he was about to tease Shi Luo again, his phone buzzed. Shi Luo had sent him a red envelope.

Ten whole yuan. 

Yu Sui’s WeChat transfers were deposited into his bank card in real time. He accepted the transfer and received a text message the second after.

[Your account ending in *8888 was deposited  ¥10.00 at 16:05 on April 27th. Your available balance is 5,372,937.46 yuan. ]