Chapter 7

At eight o’clock in the evening, at the top floor of the club where NSN often had their get-togethers, a group of Internet-addicted teenagers entered the private room in twos and threes. They had just eaten hotpot and they were now lying on the sofa, paralyzed in a food coma. 

When Yu Sui had returned to China he had done so quietly. The pro-players he’d had good relationships with before were completely unaware until the news broke out. They hadn’t had the chance to meet up. So this time, they took advantage of Chen Huo’s return to gather together, making this a welcome dinner for the both of them.

“Oh ……” Chen Huo spread his legs flat, feeling very satisfied. “I had been dreaming of that hotpot for so long. That was great. Hey, what are you all being so awkward for? Come on, sing ……”

Yu Yan, Gu Gan and these old guys were all playing on their mobile phones. No one paid attention to Chen Huo being noisy. Wawa, Xinran, and the few newcomers stared at this congregation of so many great gods and couldn’t relax. They pulled back, huddled together and drank, too embarrassed to sing. Chen Huo got up and reserved a dozen songs. He then shoved the microphone to Wawa’s chest and ordered beer and snacks from the server. With that done, he sat back down on the sofa.

Chen Huo looked around and sighed, “I was pretty popular back then. When I came back today, there weren’t any fans to greet me at the airport. Fine, that’s to be expected, but why are only a handful of you guys here? Whatever! Let’s forget about sad stuff like this. All the brothers who came here today are my true brothers. Together, we shall walk down the… ” 

The old guys as before, still played on their respective phones, ignoring Chen Huo. A few of the newbies hurriedly accompanied Chen Huo to drink. Chen Huo scoffed at their soft drinks and everybody changed to beer after a making a show of initial resistance.

Chen Huo downed half a can of cold beer and shakily patted Wawa’s shoulder. “What’s your name? Wawa, right? Wawa! From now on you shall be my didi! You … the little man over there. What are you called? Come here… ”

“You think there’s not enough people?” Gu Gan glanced at Chen Huo, “I forgot to mention, Shi Luo will be here in a while.”

Yu Sui, who had his head bowed as he fiddled with his phone, suddenly stopped.

“Shi Luo?!” Chen Huo was dazed. He looked around and said, “I didn’t notice but this club does have a security check, right? … If he comes here with a steel pipe, security will stop him, won’t they? …”

Gu Gan calmly said, “Not that they’d be able to. You’ve experienced for yourself the way he fights, haven’t you?”

“It’s precisely because I’ve experienced it that I’m scared! Ten of me wouldn’t be enough to beat that little bastard!” Chen Huo collapsed. He took a look at Yu Sui, and subconsciously gulped. “Let me make this clear now. For every grievance someone is responsible, for every debt there is a debtor, okay? …He should look for who he came here to look for. Don’t go involving me in this. ”

Yu Sui looked back down at his phone. “Wimp.” 

Chen Huo rubbed his neck and couldn’t help grumbling to Gu Gan, “You couldn’t have left well enough alone? Why are you looking for trouble trying to provoke him?”

“I didn’t expect him to agree to come. But I was also hoping that he would. Now that you’re back you’re going to meet him sooner or later.” Gu Gan was looking at Chen Huo but was addressing Yu Sui. “Is it fun having things this strained? Wouldn’t it be better to clear up the misunderstandings as soon as possible? ”

Naturally, Yu Sui was clear on Gu Gan’s intentions. He shook his head helplessly and sighed. “The problem between us is that … there is no misunderstanding.”