Chapter 6

For the next few days after Shi Luo and Wawa’s double team live broadcast, terror reigned over the forums. Many old long-buried matters were unearthed and brought to light to once again to be criticized. Yu Sui’s fans, Shi Luo’s fans, Yu Sui’s haters and Shi Luo’s haters mixed all together as they fought and quarreled, raising quite a ruckus. 

During a lull in their training session, Shi Luo opened the forum pages.  Zhao Feng saw Shi Luo’s computer screen and hurried to block his view. “What’s wrong with playing a bit when you’re free? What are you looking through the forums for? Are you tired of living?”

“I’m not afraid of being insulted online.” Shi Luo slowly pulled up the forum page, “I’ve long been at the center of controversies, facing off against these haters. I’m used to it.”

Zhao Feng didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. “This kind of mentality of yours can actually be considered as quite good. Fine ba. By the way, I have something to discuss with you.”

Zhao Feng glanced at the other people in the training room. Shi Luo understood. He pushed close the keyboard tray, and followed Zhao Feng out of the training room. 

The two went to the conference room next door. Shi Luo casually pulled out a chair and sat down. He put his hands in his trouser pockets, and casually put his feet on the table. “Is it about the live broadcasts again? I can’t continue to add any more hours. Thirty hours a month is the limit. ”

Zhao Feng leaned against the table and smiled helplessly. “Other teams have their players signed for forty-five hours. Some for even sixty hours.”

Shi Luo shook his head. “It’s impossible. You don’t want me revealing too much of my play so you only let me play just a few games on the live broadcasts. Now, you want me to add more time? You’re the one who’s contradicting yourself.”

Zhao Feng knew that he was in the wrong. He also knew that Shi Luo wasn’t short of money, but the club had no other means to motivate its people other than with money. He had no other alternative but to say, “Well, can you at least not squeeze in all the thirty hours at the end of the month?”

Shi Luo absentmindedly gave a perfunctory nod.

“I have one other thing to tell you.” Zhao Feng pulled out a chair and sat down, his tone lightened. “I see that you’ve been checking the forums on your own, and that’s fine. But I’m going to tell you this directly so that no mishaps might happen if you find out about it at the last moment.”

Shi Luo frowned as he looked at Zhao Feng.

Zhao Feng slowly said, “It’s just that, it’s your former teammate, Chen Huo …” 

Zhao Feng watched Shi Luo’s face carefully, and said, “He’ll also be coming back soon.”

Luo Shi slightly raised his chin, and without the slightest change in his expression, simply said, “Oh.”

Zhao Feng was a little surprised. “You’re not upset?”

Shi Luo’s tone was calm, “Just as I expected.” 

Zhao Feng smiled. “How’d you guess?”

Shi Luo said lightly, "Wawa didn't keep his mouth shut. After talking to him that time, it was all clear."

"Ah?" Zhao Feng was perplexed. "Did you mean that time when you and Wawa teamed up on the live broadcast?"

Shi Luo leaned against the back of his chair and stared blankly at the ceiling of the conference room, saying, "Yeah."

Zhao Feng didn’t understand at all. “I went to watch that live broadcast of you two. I watched that from beginning to end, without skipping a single minute. Why didn’t I notice anything?”