Chapter 1

It was two o’clock in the morning and the lights in the IAC eSports Club FOG division in Shanghai were still bright. 

The practice match just ended, and it was free time now. The players in the base were washing up and ordering takeaway. There was only one person left in the training room — Shi Luo who was in his seat playing the game.

It wasn’t that Shi Luo was diligent, but it was the end of the month and he still owed more than 20 hours of live broadcast time to fulfil the terms of his contract.

Shi Luo, account name: Evil, 19 years old, young, skilled, unfortunately quite handsome. Two years after his debut, he was one of the domestic league’s top tier gaming celebrities. He was the poster boy for the IAC team, their cash cow and their pillar.

The celebrity himself, though, didn’t like doing live broadcasts. But according to his contract, he had to do at least 30 hours of live broadcasts a month. So, barring any incident, at least 29 hours of those would be broadcasted at the end of the month. 

Just after the practice match ended, the club manager called again. Shi Luo couldn’t put it off any longer and he finally started to make up work.

Only two or three minutes after the live broadcast started, Shi Luo’s live broadcast room had more than 3 million viewers. The barrage was densely packed, and they had overlapped over one another until it was almost impossible to make them out.

[I’d been expecting this broadcast, hhhhhhhhh …]

[Ha ha ha ha ha It’s that beautiful time of the month when Shi Shen is forced to open business.]

[It’s the 29th already, there’s not much time left for Shi Luo Xuanshou.]

[It’s the 29th already, there’s not much time left for Shi Luo Xuanshou. +1]

[The end of each month is when my husband accompanies me day and night. Just as I thought! Husband, you’ll keep me company for the next 25 hours, right? Are you happy? Are you?]

[Look here. Look here. Look here. After the preseason matches next month, it’s going to be the transfer period. Is my husband still going to be at IAC next season? Will you be transferring this year?] 

[Yes, it’s time for the annual transfer again. They said all the teams would be making some pretty big moves this year. I’m waiting for that big shake up in the league.]

[IAC’s boss’s heart isn’t on the game at all. He only wants to make money. He’ll only hold back the team. My husband, the earlier you transfer, the earlier we can rest assured. Asking for a transfer!]

[Stop with the speculations. Every year, everyone goes crazy during the transfer period. Just calm down, alright?]

Near the transfer period, the e-sports fans would all be in an unstable mood, and an argument inexplicably broke out in the barrage. However, Shi Luo wasn’t the single bit affected. After all, he hadn’t opened the barrage interface. 

Shi Luo opened the FOG game client, logged in to his side account and waited. After a short while, he entered the game.

FOG, the domestic translation for “Within the Fog”; it has been six years since its public beta, and its popularity has only increased year by year. It was now ranked top 3 among the world’s most popular games.

FOG is a four-on-four confrontation game. In each game, the player and his teammates would be placed on one end of a map covered in dense fog. At the other end of the map would be their four opponents. Players have different abilities and tasks depending on their jobs. The ultimate goal is to clear away the fog on the other side of the map, leaving your opponents nowhere to hide.  Then the team that kills all their opponents and destroys the opponents’ resurrection stone first, wins.