chapter 1

Prologue:

Ever since Lianne was 2 years old, she had been living with her cousin, Bonnie Bennet in Mystic Falls and as long as she could remember Abby had been her mother and Sheila had been her Grams. Abby never let Lianne feel as though she wasn't her own child. Bonnie was 5 when Lianne was dropped off at her house in Mystic Falls. She didn't understand much at the time but knew that she had to always love and protect her baby sister.

Throughout her life Lianne had a tight knit group of friends in Mystic Falls; Jeremy Gilbert, Serena Lockwood and Victoria Donovan. These four had become friends the moment they met each other at summer camp when they were 5. Jeremy always thought the air smelt like sweet wine every time Lianne walked in a room. Everyone assumed that she wore a perfume that smelled like grape, but she swore she didn't own a perfume with such a unique odor. Little did they know who she was.

Present- 2009

"For the last time Vicky! I do not wear perfume at all, much less a one that smells the way you describe!" Lianne yelled at her snickering group of friends who didn't miss a chance to tell her that. They were at the school's cafeteria waiting for Matt Donovan (Vicky's elder brother) and Elena Gilbert (Jeremy's elder sister) to pick them up. Elena and Matt had been dating for over a year now and were loved by everyone.

Jeremy was about to say something when he noticed Matt and Elena walking towards their table, all giggly and flushed. He just smirked and kept his mouth shut.

"Finally! Here comes the power couple and don't they look all neat", Vicky blurted out making Elena turn a deep shade of red while Matt gave her a doting look. "oh, shut up Vick. Now come one, I gotta drop you home and then get back to school for soccer practice".

"Don't get your panties in a twist...oh wait, you already did, didn't you? That's what took you so long!" she said while giving a knowing look to the couple who were now extremely flustered.

The others laughed at their expense but got up to leave. As they were walking towards the parking lot, Lianne asked Elena, "Where's Bonnie? is she going home with us or does she have to wait?"

Elena rolled her eyes and said, "Caroline has her. They're working on the decoration for the dance."

"Yikes" Lianne giggled.

"Do you want me to drop you home? Its no trouble." Elena offered.

Lianne thought about it for a second and replied, "Uh no thanks El, I feel like walking home today. It's nice and breezy."

Elena nodded and caught up with the others who were already in the car.

Lianne looked around and saw Serena talking to Aaron, so she decided to leave her alone and started walking down the road.

Just as she was about to turn a corner she bumped into a guy. He was shorter than her but looked a little older. He wore a black cap and had crutches. Her eyes widened as soon as she saw the crutches and rushed to help him up.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Should've watched where I was going." She said as she held one of his crutches waiting for him to regain his composure.

Cap boy looked at her and squinted as if he couldn't see her clearly, but Lianne realized he wasn't looking at her but behind her. She followed his gaze and she was pretty sure she saw a green woman float away.........

Author's note:

I might have given Tyler a sister and for the sake of this book Vicky is Matt's younger sister.

Vote, comment and share!