151. Reasons Why Summer Should be Her Favourite

Four disappearances in as many days, that was what the news said. The police were investigating them separately until today, but now they were looking at these incidents as connected. It was interesting.

Silver wondered what idiot had decided four consecutive kidnappings or murders in such a small area in such a small time frame was a good idea. It was far too suspicious. If this was the work of one villain, then he wasn't going to be a smart villain. Still, she hoped they figured out what exactly was going on soon so the missing people could come home or their families given the kindness of knowing.

"They think it might be a quirk," Aizawa told her, sat on the sofa while she lay on the floor, not trying to sleep, just trying to stretch her back out. "There are no signs of struggle, no signs of anything at all. People are there, and then they're not."

It sounded like something out of a horror film. "Quirk does sound most likely." Especially when the other option involved being intelligent enough to complete four perfectly-executed kidnappings which clashed with her previous idea of idiocy.

Just another day in their family, discussing how crimes could be committed.

"Do you think they're dead?"

Aizawa shrugged. "Quirks get stranger and more powerful with each generation." He glanced over at Eri as her papa tried to assist in some maths homework he was convinced he could help with. Silver understood the unspoken statement: if Eri's quirk existed, a quirk that could rewind the biological clock of any being until they no longer existed, then any quirk was possible.

"If the quirk sends them away, they'd be back by now. I'd be surprised if a first generation temporal quirk was powerful enough to send people too far through time." Maybe in a few generations, when temporal quirks became more common, they could send a person far enough forwards or backwards that nobody would ever know what happened.

"So death does seem more likely." Just like a quirk seemed likely.

"I'm a realist, Eraser, you know that," she said. "But I'd like to hope."

Adverts started, the news finished. It was a hero advert, somebody who worked along the northern coast of Japan. With a quirk that let them breathe underwater, they were sponsored by an underwater theme park, so they advertised the park in turn.

"You know, you don't have to call me that."

Silver stilled, suddenly less sure of where to look.

"You don't have to, of course. You can call me whatever you like."

She wasn't looking at him, but it was easy enough to hear the discomfort in his voice. He simply wasn't so good at discussing things like this, she didn't blame him, sometimes it was easier to let things go unspoken. "Are you going somewhere with this?" she prompted before it could get too drawn out. If he was so uncomfortable about this, then it was better to get it over with.

"You don't have to call me dad constantly, that's not what I'm asking, but you're welcome to call me Shouta, if you want to."

She finally looked at him, at the anxiety in his eyes and the way his hands clenched around the sofa cushions. He really had no reason to be so nervous. So she smiled. "Or maybe I'll call you Dadzawa just to get on your nerves."

The anxiety wiped away in an instant, old irritation narrowing his eyes instead. "Brat."

"Jerk."

***

Layers. Silver liked drawing in layers. She wasn't sure what part of her was in control when she drew, it always felt like she was just passing her pencil over the paper, scribbling, but there was always something in it by the end. With a few colour additions, she could bring out the layers so they were clearer.