Chapter 43

I felt a sense of relief when I left work for the very last time. I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. Niles and I spend a couple hours fucking in celebration of the end of this chapter of our lives.
My brother's were coming over today. In the last two weeks Aries had been home about half of the nights. He thought he was being incredibly sneaky. I mostly just rolled my eyes at his stupidity. He always smelled of Courtney. Me and Niles always just smiled and acted happy to see him. And in a way, I guess we were. We loved him. Or had. It's hard to say now. It's hard to have a relationship with  someone you never see, can't trust, and based on lies. Which is where we were at. On top of all of that, he didn't fulfil any of his mately, or fatherly duties. He had completely checked out of the relationship. I figured it didn't matter really, we would fulfil our duty to the pack and our children and each other. I missed him, and his presence in our relationship and sex life, but I wouldn't force him to love us. We may be highly compatible when we both made an effort, but Aries had checked out of the relationship. And you can't have a relationship when only one of you is trying. So, it was up to him to decide he wanted to love us and make an effort. Maybe he wasn't mature  enough to make adult choices and decisions yet. I could only hope he would step up in a couple years. I didn't want to live my entire adult life like this. But at least he had given me another mate and I wasn't going through this alone.

I made chili and rolls for dinner. I was excited to spend time with my brothers today. It was getting cooler out. It was a beautiful fall day, and the leaves were changing. It was so refreshing. There was fresh crispness in the air.
Iris had been gone a lot lately. I think she found her house over run with people overwhelming. But she was too nice to say anything. I assumed it was her omega nature, she avoided confrontation at all cost.

When my brothers came they all gave me and Niles hugs. We all grabbed chili and sat out back.
Xander was bouncing with excitement. "We found the perfect house for you guys. It's over 3000 square feet, and it's six bedrooms. It's pretty run down, it's been abandoned for a while, but we are having our warriors help us fix it up and furnish it. We got the keys yesterday, we should have it ready for you guys by the end of the month." I smiled so big.
He showed me the picture and the beautiful shone through even with how run down it was.

Ryder grinned "and the best part, is it's just down the road from me and Reagan's house

Ryder grinned "and the best part, is it's just down the road from me and Reagan's house. So our kids can grow up together." I looked at Ryder, then Reagan, and back again.
"Are you pregnant!" I squealed. Reagan grinned and nodded with teary eyes. I knew they were a little concerned with how long it was taking for them to get pregnant.
I jumped up and began squeezing the life out of them. "I'm so happy for you guys!!"

I glaced at Melissa and saw her holding her stomach. "Are you pregnant too?" I asked excitedly. She smiled and nodded. I was nearly falling over with how excited I was! I ran to Tyler and Melissa and hugged them. "Congratulations!" Then I tuned to Zeke. "Your slacking dude. The rest of us are all having babies" I lectured in faux disappointment. My brother's all laughed. Zeke smirked, "I think I might wait a couple years, thanks." I shook my head sadly. But my eyes were sparkling in amusement. "I'm so disappointed in you." Zeke laughed. "I know, I need to get to it"
We had a great time together. I found out Timmy was living with Xander. They had decided to start a relationship. I knew it would be hard for both of them if he ever met his mate, but I was still happy for them. They were so extremely cute together.