Chapter 5: At the lake

// 

// 

I received a text message from Harry asking if she'd arrived. She hadn't. I was waiting for Melody, one of my few friends besides Harry. Melody and I weren't that close, but since I had to deal with Mondays without Harry, I thought it would be good to create some closer relations with others. I had asked Melody if she wanted to go to the mall that day to shop and have a good time. She had said yes, but I'd been waiting at this bus stop for like 30 minutes. I'd texted her, but she hadn't answered yet and I figured she wouldn't, but I gave her 10 minutes more before I was going to head home. It was really cold and it had just started raining. I was holding my denim jacket above my head to keep my hair from getting wet and my non-waterproof mascara from running. The jacket quickly got soaked and wasn't to much help. I just really hoped she wouldn't stand me up although I had a feeling she would. It was foolish of me to think that someone would actually hang with me. I personally thought I was funny, kind and nice, but it didn't seem like others did.

I replied to Harry's text with a thumbs down and the eye rolling emoji. I put my phone away and strolled a little along the road. A few tears started to show up in my eyes. I felt so unwanted at times. Mostly I pushed the thoughts and sadness away, cause I had my lovely family and Harry was always there to cheer me up. Rule #16: When your bestie needs you there, you need to be there for your bestie. I wiped a tear away from my cheek and pulled out my phone to text Harry, but just as I opened iMessage a honking car made me jump and drop my phone. I quickly picked up my phone so it wouldn't drown in the puddle. I wiped my screen uselessly with my already soaked sleeve.

"What are you doing out here? It's pouring down." I heard a familiar voice yell. I turned around and saw Tom sticking his head out of the window in his car.

"I'm- Nothing really." I said and dried my phone in my shirt.

"Do you need a ride?" He questioned and pulled his head in so his hair wouldn't' get too wet.

"No th-thank you. I was just, um, about t-to text Harry to come p-pick me up." I stuttered, shivering from the cold.

"I see. Hop in. You're all soaked up, you'll catch a cold." He said. I pointed to my phone and placed it at my ear to signal that I was gonna call Harry.

"You're shaking. Just get in the car Y/N." He said and reached over to open the car door at the passengers seat. I gave in and walked over to the car.

"Are you sure you want your car all wet?" I questioned to make sure.

"Stop and get the in the fucking car. Now" He put his hands on the wheel and made me roll my eyes. I wrung my jacket to get some of the water out, but I gave up and stepped into the car as no drops of water appeared. I asked Tom if he could start the air conditioner as I was really cold and wet. He turned it on and then reached in the backseat to grab something.

"Here take this." He said handed me a hoodie. I looked at him with a questioning look, but accepted it. I put on the hoodie and squeezed myself. It was still cold due to my wet shirt under the hoodie but it was nice to wear something dry. I felt Tom's eyes on me and I suddenly got nervous.