Chapter 13: Shattered to pieces

//

//

Dad had taken Luke to the arcade when we got home from the cafe. He hoped it would cheer Luke up and I assume it did, as Luke's face lit up when he was told he could play all the games in the arcade. I could see the fury in my dad's eyes when we got home and told him mother didn't show up, but instead of raging he pulled Luke in for a big hug. That was how man he was - caring and the best dad Luke and I could ever wish for. 

I had politely declined the invitation to the arcade as I couldn't stop thinking of Tom and mostly wanted to just be with him. It was hard for me not to give a proper reason to stay home.

"I don't really feel like going. Have a great time you two." I smiled at my family I was so grateful for. 

"Are you sure kiddo? C'mon it'll be fun." He pushed making sure I wouldn't regret it.

"Dad, I've told you to stop calling me a kid. I'm 18, remember?" I said and rolled my eyes.

"Okay okay." He said putting his arms up in defense. 

"I'm sure. I'll go work on an assignment for Monday." I lied, kissed him on the cheek, ruffled Luke's hair and went to my room.

"Hey!" Luke exclaimed and I chuckled as I closed the door to my room.

I couldn't exactly tell them about my boyfriend either.. 

Luke and dad had been gone for about 20 minutes now. I had to make sure they wouldn't come back if I invited Tom over. I don't know how he got in earlier that day. My dad must've let him in, or Luke. It was unusual for them that Tom would come see me, but none of them had questioned anything so I supposed they didn't suspect anything.

I logged out of insta and went to contacts. Seeing his name when I scrolled down my list of contacts, formed a smile on my lips. I pressed the contact and pressed call. I was on my bed, laying like a teenage girl calling her crush for the first time - laying on my stomach, my legs swaying in the air, my head resting on my palms as I looked down at my phone with his name on it.

*Phone call*

"It's Tom." 

"Hi! Do you want to-"

"Suckerrr." 

*bib bib*

Wow, what a mature boyfriend I have gotten myself.

That was the first time ever I had heard his voicemail. He had never not answered when I called him, he always picked up the second I called. I was worried something was wrong. He had told me he would call later, and now was later and he didn't pick up when I called. I called again and it went directly to voicemail this time.