Chapter 8: Rule #18

//

//

• Y/N POV •

Water splashed everywhere as everyone jumped in the pool. We had informed people to carry bathing suits with them in case they wanted to go for a swim in the Holland's big pool later. I splashed at the people splashing at me, but stopped as I felt the need to talk to my bestie. I was very drunk and apparently missed the dumbass. I looked around catching Harry talking with a brunette girl across the pool at the edge. I got up from the water, someone behind me whistling at me, and headed towards Harry.

"Hey dickhead." I said with a failed attempt of jumping on his back as my energy was running low. He turned around making sure I didn't fall, then quickly afterwards nudged me away. The girl in front of him smiled at me. Bitch. I did not have any kind of restraint just because Harry was talking to a girl. It was my birthday too and I am apparently very attention seeking when drunk.

I grunted and moved back a little and with a running, I jumped him and got him with me in the pool. I guess I'm very stubborn when drunk as well.

My head broke the water's surface and my eyes immediately met Harry's dead eyes. My sprightly face turned to furrow my brows.

"Why are you so moody?" I grunted, completely forgetting how I had just interrupted Harry talking with a girl. He loved girls, and me being a cock block definitely annoyed him.

"You are really annoying when you're drunk." He scoffed and turned to get out of the water.

"You're really annoying in general. Congratulations on the title, annoying-ass." I said as if it was the best comeback in history - not - and splashed water at him. I laughed but Harry kept heading to the pool ladder.

When he got out he went straight to the brunette and I could tell he was apologizing with his so-called 'Harry charm'. She grinned and I could almost clearly tell by her mouthing, that she was accepting his apology, even though I saw a little blurry. I felt someone attacking me from behind and I turned to see Audry. She asked me to come have fun across the pool with her, Jake and some others, but I kindly rejected as Harry had turned down my mood.

"I want Tom."

I went out of the pool and over to Harry.

"You are such a mood killer. Imma go fuck your brother, bye." I said, no hesitation. Harry smiled taking it as a joke.

"I love you." He assured me as I left him with the girl. I gave him the finger.

Walking towards the staircase I noticed how I was walking straight. The pool must had sobered me up a little. I went to the kitchen and downed two shots, gagging every time I swallowed. I was almost all alone. A few people were laying on the couch not looking their best and the rest were at the pool. I smiled watching how people were having a great time.