9 | 拥抱•Embrace

"Just let me embrace you, darling

"Just let me embrace you, darling."

━━┅━━━┅━━
𝐊𝐚𝐞𝐲𝐚
━━┅━━━┅━━

after you collected all your things, you left Jean's office and made your way to Angel's share.

it was just a few nights ago when the incident happend, simply because you didn't have time to go to the tavern due to the loads of work you had to do.

but now that you were free, you longed after some alcohol or refreshment.
amd what was better than the infamous dandelion wine of Mondstadt?

a fresh wind breezed through Mondstadt's streets and the moonlight illuminated the sleeping city.
the only noise coming from taverns where drunkards joked around or told stories.

you knew the blue haired male waited for you at the usual table and probably already drank a bottle of wine, but that didn't stop you from taking your time.

it was not often that you had your peace and it was really quiet, pleasing for your ears. only the wind was with you and could hear your thoughts.

you closed your eyes and inhaled the chilly air of the night, feeling it pumping through your lungs. due to the cold, a small white cloud became visible as you let the air out again.

a sad smile graced your beautiful lips and you looked down at your hands, thinking about the horrible memories of the past that haunted you every night. sadness and guilt washed over your face.

no matter how you tried to forget the past, it followed you everywhere and you couldn't get rid of it.

it is your fate afterall.

your (e/c) colored eyes widend as you suddenly saw blood on your hands, everything around you was dark and you couldn't see anything.

fear crossed your features and the voices of them got louder and louder, whispering to you.
guilt overtook you and tears welled up in your eyes.

you were trapped in a prison of darkness and you couldn't find a way out. not alone. not without a light that takes you, and leads the way out of it.

you were terrified, scared and most importantly: alone.

until-
loud, distant chatter of some drunk males took you back to reality, the cavalry captain being one of them.

he had his right arm draped around the shoulders of one of his friends, clearly drunk. a smile was on his lips and his laughter echoed through the silent streets, filling them with a bit of joy.