Chapter 10 - Unregistered

T.W.- hospitals, talk of the stuff in the last few chapters

Trixie POV-

Things go downhill the next night. Emergency surgery lasts 4 hours. When I'm allowed to see her again it's the middle of the night. She's off most of the medication, thinking clearly again. She's still not on file in the hospital. Not even under the name Anastasia. The fingerprints did match but once they tested only for one hand. Her right hand matches the file, the left doesn't match any file in the system.

"They killed someone." Is the first thing she says to me when I walk in the room. I'm surprised she says anything about it, given she's been silent on the matter for the last 24 hours.

"Honey, start from the beginning please." I say. "Can I lay by you?"

She nods and I move around drains and tubes so that she can cuddle into my side. "They. I got in there and they were torturing a man. He didn't do anything Trix." Katya says. "He didn't even steal from anyone. But he was all tied up in a. It was so much blood I don't know how he had any left. And they kept hitting him."

Her words are whines, she sounds in pain. She tells me most of the story pretty calmly. Every detail she can remember. It makes me want to vomit. But then she loses it. "And my. They lied to me, my dad was there."

"I thought he was dead." I gasp, realizing that he must've come up with a whole plan to do this.

"I did too." She replies. "And then my dad shot him in the head. His brain was on me. And he said I'm next if I tell anyone."

"We're going to have to tell them so we can keep you safe my love."

"But he's going to kill us." She says. "And he called me Katya. He wants me to come back and join them. And- I love my family but I can't do that."

My heart hurts for her. She does love her family, even if they abused her, they did raised her. "I know you love them. But that doesn't mean you have to support their bad behavior."

"They deserve the worst that can ever happen to a person." She says, her voice low. "And I hate them for it."

"Honey breathe." I remind her, adjusting the oxygen tubes. "Would you want to talk about this later?"

She nods. "I just want to go home"

"I love you." I tell her, kissing her cheek gently, rubbing her hand with mine. "As soon as we can we have to tell them what happened. And we have to leave and go back to my moms house in Wisconsin. They'll never find us there."

She hiccups and winces. "My dad. He'll find us. He'll come tonight."

I shake my head and she looks confused. "No." I say. "He can't find someone that doesn't exist. Your name isn't in the system and even if he knows Anastasia is what you're under, they aren't giving your name to anyone."

She says. "They're lying to you. Trix they're lying. They'll give me away in a second."

"What would they get from lying?" I ask, brushing away her hair which was stuck to her cheek from the tears.

It takes a moment to get a response. "Because they're on his side."

"No. They don't know who your dad is. I didn't tell them anything about that."

Katya's breathing picks up, the monitors start to beep. "It doesn't matter. They have to be lying. He's gonna find us."

A nurse comes in because of the beeping. She talks calmly in Russian, handing Katya an ice pack before going to increase all of her medication through the IVs. "Hon. Listen to me." I murmur. "I know you're scared, and I'm not pretending like I'm not, but if he comes here they'll arrest him and probably all your siblings. They're all in one place right?"