Chapter 7 - Murder

T.W. Violence, blood, murder (as I'm sure you could figure out by the title)

Katya POV-

My arms are shaking, the gun in my hand can't even be pointed in the right direction. That's probably a good thing because if I could aim right now, I might shoot myself. Just to get this image out of my fucking head.

The man is tied up against the wall, bleeding out. I've seen my family torture people but not like this. Normally it would last a few days at most. Normally they would shoot as fast as possible to get rid of the evidence. But not this man. He was just a little game to them. A human punching bag. He'd done nothing to them. He was a good person, maybe one of the only good people they'd ever hurt. And in my head, though it's still hard to think it, I realize my family members are the bad guys. It's always been them. It's always been me. My dad punches the man in the head again. "Just shoot him already!" I scream. "Or let him go!"

"Yeketrina shut the fuck up!" My dad yells at me. "Or you shoot him. You stupid girl. You shoot his brains out, you do it."

I shake my head, wishing to throw the gun and run. Tears are streaming down my face. "I can't." I sob. "I'm sorry." I tell the man. "I'm so so sorry."

Suddenly I'm pushed up against the wall, my arms held by someone much stronger than me. "Why'd you leave us in the first place?" Alexi says in my ear. "So you could tell on us?"

"No." I whimper. "I'm not gonna tell."

"I don't believe you." He replies, knocking the back of my head against the brick wall. My mouth is covered by his hand so the yelp hardly makes a sound. "You're pathetic."

There's a horrid sound and I look around to see my dad dragging the man across the cement. He drops him in front of me. I can see faint breathing. He's still alive. My ears ring as he takes a shot through the mans head, sending blood and parts of his brain flying through the air. I want to scream but I can't even move. "If you tell one single person about us Katya." My dad says. "If you tell anyone where we are. You will be next."

"Please let me go." I plead. "Please I won't tell anyone."

Alexi tears his nails down my arm. Nobody says anything too me but I run anyway. Up the cement stairs to the door above. It's then that I realize they're following me, barking commands to each other to catch me. "Help me!" I scream at the top of my lungs. "Help me!"

The sound echos around me. Gun shots.

Trixie POV-

"Katya?" I hear Kira say into the phone.

"Did she pick up?" I ask, wishing I could understand what they were saying. "Is she okay?"

Kira shakes her head. "I don't know. Katya."

I can hear her voice on the other side of the phone and relief floods my body. She's alive. She speaks slowly and quietly. Kira looks concerned every time she speaks. "Come on." She tells me. "I don't know where she is exactly but there's absolutely no way she got far."

I nod and we start running down the sidewalk towards the building they pulled her into. As we get closer I don't see a sign of any of them. The streets are mostly bare. It's nearing 4 a.m..
"She won't stop saying she's in the hallway. What hallway? We aren't-"

"No, I know what she means." I reply. "I think."

We backtrack a bit until we get to the tiny hallway that I pulled her into the other night. I pull open the heavy door. At first I think I was wrong. The hallway looks empty and it's freezing cold. "Kats?" I say.