"Do you see me now?"| Adrienette & Ladynoir

Adrienette and Ladynoir

Based off on a Miraculous Ladybug Comic

Word count: ~4000 words

Twelve year old Marinette pulled her parents' arms and trudged ahead with heavy steps, almost dragging her parents down the street

Twelve year old Marinette pulled her parents' arms and trudged ahead with heavy steps, almost dragging her parents down the street. If she had her way then she would have made them break down into a sprint with her but they weren't even walking at a normal pace— they were moving as if they were on a stroll.

But now isn't the time for a stroll.

"We— can't— b-be l-late," she breathed, tired from having to pull them. She had been urging them to move quicker ever since they left the bakery, but her parents were too lazy to do that and preferred enjoying the weather rather than reaching their destination quickly.

"Marinette, we are not late, slow down please," her mother said, smiling at her daughter's enthusiasm.

"Don't worry Marinette! We are never late," her father's voice boomed with a heartfelt chuckle.

They were right. The Dupain-Chengs were never late. Be it completing an order at the bakery or catching the train to visit Grandma, they were always on time. But Marinette didn't inherit her parents' punctuality. She was always late for almost everything— be it reaching school or submitting her homework. Being late had become a bad habit of hers.

But she couldn't let her habit come in the way this time.

"I-I k-know Mama, P-Papa," the girl mumbled and let go of her parents' arms. She took a few deep breaths, bending down and supporting herself on her knees. "B-but he is going today, and I-I can't be late!" She exclaimed and looked at her parents, her eyes filled with worry and sadness.

"Aww dear," her mother cooed at her innocence, "why don't you run ahead and meet him while we follow at our own pace?"

The girl's eyes lit up and she jumped with an excited squeal. "Really?"

"Yes but before crossing the streets—"

"Look in both directions and jog across it, I know! Love you, Mama, Papa," the girl squealed and ran ahead.

Her parents never allowed her to go anywhere alone. But this time they did and this made Marinette feel proud. After so many arguments with her parents, she was finally being acknowledged as a big girl who could go ahead alone. That had to count for some achievement.

She jogged across the street and in a matter of a few minutes she reached Le Grand Paris— Mayor Bourgeois' hotel, and smiled excitedly. She ran inside as soon as the doors slid open and looked around.

"Adrien!" She shouted, breathing heavily from the marathon she had just completed. She put a hand on her stomach, trying to relax and ease the sting she was feeling in her stomach.