Green-eyed Kitty Noir | Marichat

“Oh no, I am late again!”

“I told you Marinette to stop having him over at night. You spend so much time waiting and then talking to him, then you end up sleeping late and then you’re late for school!”

“I know, I know Tikki! But I just can’t say no to that face of his.”

Marinette was late. Again. Reaching her class fifteen minutes late had become a routine by now. But she still whined and begged her red kwami to stop stating the obvious every morning. She didn’t feel offended but she also didn’t feel great that her kwami was far more organised than she was.

And yet she was Ladybug. Paris’s superhero. Who would ever believe that if she told them? Being the clumsy, least punctual girl in Paris, she herself found it hard to believe at times.

This was one of those times. But with Tikki around, things were far more easier than they were before. If Tikki weren't a magical creature, she would have been the best godmother in the eyes of her mother.

The bluenette clumsily ran across her room, gathering her stuff and stuffing them into her backpack. She slipped on her clothes and struggled to keep balance as she put on her shoes. Grabbing her hair ties and backpack, she ran down the stairs, stumbling at the last few steps.

“Mama! Papa! I am heading out now!” She called out and took an apple as her breakfast.

“Remember to take the poster dear!” Tom's heavy voice rang across the room.

Marinette groaned and slapped herself softly. “How am I Ladybug again?” She mumbled to herself and rushed to her room, shouting a 'thank you' to her father. She took the poster and was about to leave again when Tikki flew right up in front of her face, her little arms crossed and a disappointed look on her face. Realisation dawned on her and she let out an apologetic sigh, “I am so sorry Tikki.”

“Don’t you ever forget me like that again Marinette,” Tikki chirped and smiled, accepting her apology.

Marinette nodded and kissed Tikki softly. She took her hand-made sling bag, taking care that Tikki was tucked in comfortably this time.

“I am so late today!”

She ran out of the house, into the street and sprinted across the road to her school. The school building was devoid of any bickering or laughing of students, indicating that everyone had settled down in their respective classrooms and that the day had officially started.

Preparing herself to hear some scolding from Miss Bustier, Marinette entered the class reluctantly. But instead of meeting her homeroom teacher, she saw an unknown person behind the teacher’s desk, reading a newspaper. She looked around only to see and hear the chittering and chatting of her classmates. Marinette sighed in relief and proudly pranced to her seat.

She couldn’t be tagged late today.

She sat down on her assigned seat next to Alya and smiled.

“You are in a good mood, girl. What’s the scoop?” Her bespectacled friend nudged the bluenette with her shoulder and smiled slyly.

“I might be late but no one’s there to say anything to me today,” Marinette exclaimed and relaxed in her seat, yawning slightly.

Having run around right in the morning tired her out and the adrenaline rush had made her forget that she had barely slept for three hours last night.

“That’s right there. Miss Bustier got sick so we got a substitute teacher today. Best part, he doesn’t tell you to shut up.”

The duo started giggling, grabbing the attention of the boys in front of them.