Preparing for War

Sometime later...

Goro was currently staring at his Franxx, he was inside the Franxx hangar. What was he doing here? Zorome and Futoshi had asked everyone if they wanted to join them and meet the other parasites from the other plantation. He and Ikuno and agreed to join them and meet their fellow parasites.

"Hey, Goro!", Zorome yelled.

Goro turned around and looked down at the bottom of the mirador, there he saw Ikuno, Zorome, and Futoshi. The three of them were joined by a group of four parasites, two boys and two girls. 

Goro had walked down to them and greeted them, after the greetings they all decided to go for a walk within the hanger. As they walked, one of the male parasites from the neighboring plantation asked a question, "Your FRANXX all have unique designs."

"What are you talking about?", Goro asked wondering what the parasite was referring to.

"We thought that was standard", Ikuno stated. 

The parasite, who seemed to be the team's leader shook his head, "Of course not. Our Franxx have similar bodies and equipment all around. That makes it easier to fight as a team."

"Huh?", Futoshi tilted his head and didn't realize he spoke.

The leader continued to speak, "I've been told you, 're a hastily assembled test team. Is this your first taste of kissing?" 

(He was referring to the two plantations meeting and connecting to one another. To him this is kissing)

"Yeah", Zorome said with a nod.

"I see", the leader said, "we are vastly more experienced." They stopped right in front of the Franxx of Sina's team, the leader then turned to Goro, "If there's anything you don't understand, just ask."

There was a sudden air of comradery but it was quickly snuffed out due to someones yelling. "Me! Me, me, me! I've got a question!", Zorome yelled while raising his arm in the air. 

Ikuno frowned in embarrassment while Futoshi just watched. Zorome proceeded to ask his question, "Have any children from your squad become adults?" 

"Become adults?", the leader of the squad became puzzled by this question, it was as if he expected them to know the answer to that question already.

He was suddenly tapped in the back by the parasite with the head bandages, the leader turned to look at him,  "He probably doesn't know", the head-banned parasite said.

The leader nodded, and put on a blank face, "Oh, that's what you mean. not from our squad, no."

Zorome was surprised by this, but he didn't think much of it, his thought was that they probably weren't that talented to do it. He asked his second question, "Really? Have you at least heard any rumors about it?"

The leader looked at them seriously, "No, I haven't."

"Oh, that sucks", Zorome said while drooping.

Futoshi came up to console him, "You really care about that, huh, Zorome?"

Zorome became irritated that his friend didn't see why he asked these questions, "I'm not a simpleton like you, Futoshi!"

Goro was also wondering about the questions Zorome asked, in his mind, he asked himself, what would happen to them when beat the Klaxosaurs. Would they even make it, and if they did, would they become adults.

"How peculiar", a voice brought Goro back, he turned to the voice and it was the leader of the other parasites. "I mean, your nicknames. Code 016 was the one who started coming up with them, I think", the leader said trying to remember the parasite.