Chapter Four: Time Alone

Light. Blinding light.

Cracking his eyes open, Sunny stared up. Then set up. He felt strange.

The light faded and turned black. A single lightbulb flicked on. One door was there. It opened to the scene of a backstage. Hero, Aubrey and Kel stood there. Smiling. They each spoke words of encouragement to Sunny. A small feeling in him told him there should be more, so much more build up to something so big.

He smiled.

He'd had four years of build up.

That was more than enough.

He faced it. He picked up his violin.

And started to play.

(Go watch final duet on YouTube)

When he finished, there was silence.

Then light shined again.

Omori stood, holding a knife. Red light pulsed, shining in his face. Hands encircled him.

They began to fight.

———————————————

Aubrey was waiting anxiously in the waiting room with Hero, biting her nails. " Do you think they'll be okay?" At first, Hero didn't respond to her. He had been quietly smouldering in the corner, letting the tendrils of anger wrap themselves around him. " I don't know. What I'm most upset about is why the Kel would do something like that." His voice wasn't its usual soft tone, instead similar to broken glass. A flare of anger rose inside Aubrey at the memory of how they found him and the others. 

Screaming came from Basils room and Aubrey sat up immediately, whipping her head around to see where the sound was coming from. Hero had sat up just as she had, and it seemed like he had also heard the loud noises. They stared at each other for a moment, and then sprinted towards Basils room. Aubrey slammed the door open to see Kel lying on the floor, cradling his broken arm. Basil lay unconscious and bleeding from the head in a corner, while Sunny...

She almost vomited from the sight.

Sunny had a knife partially lodged in his eye.

The other half was stuck just above it, in his forehead. Hero handed Aubrey his phone. His words were muffled as she took it and began to dial for ambulances while he tended to everyone.

The dial tone rang.

" 911, what's your emergency?"

Aubrey shook, tears rolling down her face.

" I don't know what's happened but my friends are all badly hurt and my other friend Hero is helping them but they might die and-"

" Ma'am, please calm down. We'll send people there right away, what is your address? Ma'am?

Ma'am?

Ma'am?"

Aubrey snapped out of the memory and saw a nurse was asking her something.
" Sorry, what did you say?"
" They're ready to see you now. Just, please be gentle. They're still hurt."
She looked at Hero, uncertain. His eyes were hidden as light reflected onto the glasses he wore.

" Uh, okay. Let's go see them."

———————————————

Sunny slashed again at Omori, trying to attack him with the bow of the violin. He dodged and hit back with his knife, which Sunny barely protected against with the violin itself. He smacked Omori around the head with the violin and slashed at him with the bow.