Chapter 1

Sandra: Where are you!?! You have 20 minutes before I kill you!  

I laughed aloud. My soon to be step-sister Sandra is getting married today and she's freaking out. Well that's what she gets when she chooses ME as her maid of honor. Which im not looking forward to, lots of pictures, a speech and one huge headache.  

One upside is that my best friend Clayton is going to be playing with his band, I haven't met all of them though. My ex best friend Molly introduced us and I'd been talking to Clayton ever since. I had to beg my brother to let them play at the wedding. And he finally gave in, and promised me if they suck Sandra will kill me.  

I finished up curling my hair, burning myself multiple times, touched up my makeup, grabbed my keys and made it to the reception hall all within my 20 minute time frame.  

I checked on Sandra in one of the bible school rooms in the church, which she adopted as her dressing room. 

"Ashlee oh my god there you are, I need your help!" I sighed. Let the "fun" begin.  

"The band should be here in 10 minutes and the wedding starts in 20. Please make sure they get set up, and take off those vans they clash with your hair. You know brown and black don't go together, and you have to match the rest of the girls, pink dress, pink shoes! SOMEONE GET ME WATER PLEASE!!"  

"Geez Sandra take a breath, I can help the band and get you water but I refuse to take off my vans." I said stubbornly. "These are my favorite pair, my black sparkly vans stay" 

••••• 

Twenty minutes later I walked down the aisle in powder pink, ankle snapping heels.  

To say the least it was a beautiful wedding and I was super happy for my brother and Sandra, but I couldn't wait to throw these shoes out the bathroom window and party hard. 

After posing for a MILLION pictures I made my way to the reception hall, and felt my phone buzz.  

Clay: Hey! We're getting ready to go on. Nice heels. :P  

Me: Shut up! Where are you guys at? I wanna meet everyone! :) 

The next instant I felt a sharp pain in my hip and I jumped back into someone.  

"Hey watch ou- CLAY CLAY!!" 

"ASHLEE!!"  

I gripped him in a tight bear hug, and pulled back. "Nice tux duck man."  

"Hey shush. Come meet everyone."  

"Yeah okay, lemme just ditch these heels." I pulled back a table cloth which I hid my vans under when Sandra attacked me. I put on my shoes and followed Clayton out the door.  

Outside, there were three guys and an older adult. " Hey guys! This is my friend Ashlee, Ashlee this is Brady." He introduced a short, cute looking guy that faintly reminded me of Justin Bieber. "Drew." Another guy turned and waved at me with some drumsticks. "And Dalton." I turned to look at the last guy introduced and felt my breath catch. He's gorgeous, and the tallest one, with the cutest smile...  

My brain finally registered that Clayton was speaking to me. "Huh?" i said tearing my eyes away from Dalton.  

Something flashed in Clayton's eye and he smiled. "I said, that's our band and this dude over here is Bernie, Brady's dad." I smiled politely at them and waved. "So, uhm." i said clearing my throat, "You guys hungry, there's 'cocktail hour' right before the reception, so yeah. Food." I said awkwardly, my eyes trying not to glance at Dalton for too long. The guys whooped and hollered and followed me through the doors.