Chapter 8

Since Ash and Aly have been so caught up in boys since Aly has been there, they wanted to have bonding time to themselves. And since it’s the first time they’ve hung out in person, it has to be a special memory.

So naturally they just planned on doing what they always do on Skype. Watch Supernatural together.

-ASHLEE’S POV-

“Okay I’ll get the food and you figure out what episode we left off on.”

“You would choose to get the food, Ashlee.”

"Shut up." 

I gathered up our snacks and we settled back on the couch. “I’ll try not to spit everything all over you when Dean does something hot."

“I’ll punch your boob.” Aly smiled back. " Looking forward to it."

We must have been screaming about how attractive Dean and Sam were for 5 hours when I noticed Aly was smiling like a fool at her phone.

I smiled to myself and poked her. “Hey there. Watchya smiling at hmmmm?”

She jumped a little and quickly replied, “Uh nothing, um I’m just looking at twitter before the next episode starts.”

“Oh bullshit, Aly. It’s so obvious you’re texting Clayton. We’ve been watching Supernatural all day, why don’t you tell him to come over and hang out?”

She thought for a second and smirked. “Okay. But only if you ask your BOYFRIEND to come over too.”

She didn’t.

“I did.”

I quickly turned my head with a confused look. “I’m your best friend, Ash. How many times have I read your mind now?”

I sighed, “Fiiiiiine. Let’s invite them over. But what are we gonna do when they get here?”

“I guess we’ll figure that out when they get here. Clayton said he’ll be here in 15 now go and call Dalton!”

I smiled and slapped her shoulder as I got up to step outside. Oh god. Why am I so nervous? I haven’t seen him since he asked me to be his girlfriend last night. It’s not like a date or anything since it’s just my house, right? I mean, we’ve been on dates before but— ugh this is so hard!

I dialed his number.

“Hey!”

Oh god his voice.

“Ash? You okay?”

OH MY GOD I FORGOT TO SAY HI. GET IT TOGETHER ASHLEE.

“Oh, uh, yeah I’m fine! What’s up?!”

Smooth.

“I just got done testing the acoustics in my new in-home studio. Sounds pretty nice if I do say so myself. Maybe I’ll let you hear the first song I record!”

I could tell he was smiling oh my gosh, he’s so adorable.

“That’s really sweet, I’d love that. Hey, if you’re not busy now, Aly invited Clayton over so I was wondering if you’d like to come hang out with us at my place?” I said as I was playing with the bottom of my shirt nervously.“Yes of course! Just let me get ready and I’ll be there innn… about 10 minutes?”

“Okay, can’t wait to see you!” “Haha, I’ll be there soon. Bye babe!”

I stood there in shock as Aly stepped out.

“Sooo? Is he coming?”

“Yeah. He’ll be here around the same time as Clay... and he called me babe.”

“OH MY GOD THAT’S SO FREAKING CUTE!” I laughed my ass off as Aly continued to jump around until we realized it’d be weird if we were outside when they got here, so we walked in.

"You guys are so cute together." Aly sang.

"Shut up." I quickly retorted.

"No! Seriously, I can just imagine you and Dal-"

She was cut off by my orange peel.

"You did not just-"

"I did." I said throwing another. She glared. "Oh it's so on." She threatened, slowly picking up a cookie. "Do it, you won't." I glared. Before I knew it she was crumbling Oreos on me. "Jerk!" I yelled grabbing the package and started crumbling them on her.

Laughing hysterically we both ended up on the ground, covered in various foods and beverages. "I hate you." we both said at the same time. I gasped and shoved her shoulder, "HANFONSO!" I screamed. Aly smiled,  "HANFONSO BITCHES!"  We collapsed into giggles once more.

"Woah." 

"Are we interrupting?" 

Aly and I glanced up and started laughing harder. Dalton and Clayton were standing in the kitchen doorway looking amused at our mess. Dalton dropped his keys on the counter and helped me up off the floor. Clayton doing the same for Aly. 

"She started it." I quipped. Aly smirked. "Only because I said you and Dal-" I slapped my hand over her mouth. "Not important." I said smiling. I removed my hand and pointed at Clayton. "Clean this up would ya doll?" I gestured at the kitchen. Clayton glared and flipped me off, moving to get the broom. 

After Aly and I changed, we decided that we would just find a movie on Netflix to watch with the guys. After I set out fresh snacks on the coffee table, we held court over what movie to watch and ended up with Emperors New Groove, much to Dalton's delight.

I snuggled into Dalton's chest on the couch, and kicked Clay and Aly to the floor. Lulu, my cat, immediately ran over to Clayton and Aly. "Hey Lu." Clayton cooed. He scooped her and he and Aly started petting her.

Halfway through the movie, I couldn't focus on the picture on the TV anymore. Dalton was absentmindedly running his fingers along my arms. Or maybe he was doing it on purpose.

I looked up at him. "Hi." I whispered. He kissed my cheek. "Hi there lovely." "You're distracting me." I said pointedly looking at his fingers. He laughed and removed them. I smiled and sat up. "I didn't say I didn't like it."

"Guys stop being gross." Clayton fake gagged. "This is my house bro." I said as I poked the back of his head with my toe.

He swatted at me and snuggled closer to Aly. "You would never kick me out Ash." I sighed, it was true. "Even if I..." He pushed Aly down and made a move to climb on top of her. 

"Dude!" Dalton shouted at the same time I whined "Ew no dude come on." 

Clayton and Aly both burst into giggles and returned to their regular sitting positions. I leaned over and flicked Aly's ear.

"Your boyfriend is a jerk." I whispered.  She smiles "I know, and yours is looking at you like you're the best thing since Starbucks." I smiled and shoved her as I felt Dalton's arms wrap around my waist, pulling me back into his arms. 

The last thing I remember before falling asleep was Kronk pulling the wrong lever and the overwhelming happiness of being surrounded by the people that mean the most to me.