chapter 1

Jisoo's POV

"Ms. Kim. You have lunch schedule with Ms. Soojoo." I turn my gaze to my secretary who just got in my office while I'm doing my paperwork.

I look at my watch and I immediately get up, grab my coat and rush outside my office. "Damn it." I didn't say goodbye to my secretary, I pressed the elevator button going down while tapping my foot on the floor.

I promise her that we'll have a lunch date today and because I'm busy, I forgot about and I'm almost late.

Hong Soojoo, she's my girlfriend. We're been in a relationship for a year and I'm happy with her.

I met her in the University, I'm business management student and she's taking marketing.

We become friends, I court her for two months and we become official.

I'm 25 years old now and I'm managing our family's company since the day I graduated from college.

It was pretty hectic, especially I don't have much experience, I'm young and freshly graduate but my Dad insist me to manage so I'm the current CEO of the biggest company in Korea.

The elevator door open so I rushed to my car and drove to the restaurant where Soojoo and I suppose to have a lunch date.

I drove faster to reach the place and not for long, I'm here. I rushed to the entrance and look for her.

Once I saw her, I composed myself first before approaching her. "I am very sorry Soojoo." I apologized by the time I'm beside her.

She look to me and I gave her a peck on her cheeks then sat on the chair across the table. "It's fine. I know you're busy." She softly said.

"Shall we order?" I asked. She nodded her head so I call the waiter, asked for the menu. After a few minutes of looking for a food, I told the waiter and he write it on his notepad. He took the menu with him when he left.

"How are you?" I started the conversation.

"I'm fine. Auditing could be tiring but overall, it's fine."

"Why don't you work at my company. I can give you much more easy tasks." She shook her head with my offer. I always offer her to work with me but she keeps refusing it.

"I told you. I don't want that. And your company is much bigger than the one I'm working at. I'm sure the financial auditing there is much more crucial."

Right on time, our food arrived so we started to eat.

------------------------

I brought Soojoo to her workplace after we done eating our lunch. I'm now in my office sticking my nose to the tons of paperworks on my table that I need to finish and review for this week.

"What's up Soo!" Without looking who is it, I can tell by just hearing her voice. Lisa is always doing that. Barging in my office without hesitation, her excuse, she's my best friend and she's part of the shareholders.

Lisa is a photographer. While we're in college, she started to invest in our company little by little which Dad accept because she's my friend after all.

She has her own studios and she's traveling around the globe just to take good pictures. And now, she stop traveling for a while because she's preparing for the biggest break of her life.

Most of her famous photos will be in auction and all the biggest enthusiast of photography will come to her studio to bid for it.

"Aren't you supposed to be at your studio?" I asked without glancing at her. "I need a break. It's exhausting." I heard her sigh tiredly. I took a glimpse of her and she's lying on my couch as her eyes are closed.

"Hey. Don't sleep there." I warned but she left unbothered. I'm about to say something when my secretary came in my office.

She look at my friend and I can see her face tinted in red. I know that she has a huge crush on Lisa but Lisa, just like before, she didn't care at all.

That's our similarity, we don't care about our admirer but if we did like someone, we'll do anything to get them.

"What is it Ms. Chou?" She was caught off guard when I called her. She composed herself first before approaching me.

"It's the proposal that we're going to present with PL Entertainment Company." She handed me a portfolio so I took it and look at it.

"PL Entertainment Company?" I inquired.

"Yes Ms. Kim. It's the company that Chairman Kim told you before. They are the biggest Entertainment Company in Australia and Chairman wants our company to sign up a contract with them for better marketing of our business outside Korea." She explained. I glance at her then nod my head.

"I'll review it. Thanks for handling this out." She bow her head and exited my office. I set aside this proposal and continue what I'm doing.

While I'm doing my work I heard a ring so I look at my phone but it's not coming from me. "Lisa." I called her out but she's not responding.

"Lisa." This time, I stood up and approach her. I took her phone and I was surprised to see Jennie's caller ID.

When did they become friends?

I wiggle Lisa to wake her up. She left a grumpy groan and slightly open her eyes. I made her face her phone and made her instantly get up.

She took her phone from my hand but before she answer it she look at me and say, "don't give meaning about this. She's my Mom's doctor so I need to take this call and please, remove that teasing look from your eyes. I'm leaving."

Jennie is a doctor. She's a physician to be specific and she's Lisa's mother doctor. It just happened that when Lisa brought her Mom for monthly check up, Jennie was the doctor who examine her Mom. Lisa's Mom like Jennie so much so she requested her to ber her regular doctor which Jennie happily accept.

She answer the phone while walking out of my office. I didn't think much more and just proceed of what am I doing.

---------------------

I'm here in my house, making myself a dinner when my phone rang. I grab my phone answer the call and put it on speaker then place it back on the table.

"Yes Dad?" I said while stirring the food in the pan. "Did you received the proposal for PL Entertainment Company?"

"Yes. I will look thoroughly what's written in the contract to make sure it's a fine deal."

"Good. They will be here in Korea next week so better show them our great hospitality and make sure you made them sign the contract. It won't be good for us if we fail."

I turn off the stove and put the food on my plate. "I understand Dad. Don't worry I'll do everything to make this successful." He then hang up the phone and I started to eat my dinner.

Once I'm done eating and washing the dishes, I took a bath and prepare myself to go to sleep.

I sat on my bed and drying my hair while I'm checking my phone. I have text from Soojoo that she's at her house now and said her goodnight. I said the same thing.

I also got a text from Jennie that we're having a batch reunion next week and I need to be there.

For some reason, it made me feel an unknown tug in my chest hearing that we're having a reunion.

I open the door of my drawer and grab the small box and took the item inside of it. I stare at the necklace then think a lot of thoughts in my head.

She probably won't come.

I shrugged the random thoughts in my head and put back the necklace to the box. I continue drying my hair and once it's dry, I lay on my bed and stare on the ceiling.

I started to play the song that always makes me calm and it's the song I always play before I go to sleep.

Not for long, I can feel my eyes gets heavy and I'm starting to drift off to sleep.

--------------------------------------
A/n:

Welcome back! Hope you support this book just like how you supported the first one.