Chapter 6

Demi

I'd say that I'm happy but I would be lying. I'd say I was not scared but I would be lying. I'd say that I'm completely fine but I would be lying. In fact I'm the total opposite of them things. I can't even breathe well as I am taking shallow breaths. I'm scared. That's an understatement. I am petrified. Taking a glance at my watch I counted the seconds.
10...
9...
8...
7...
6...
5...

"D-Demi?" Brooklyn's voice spoke quietly. "I-I can't sleep." She timidly stepped back. "What has that got to do with me?!" I asked in anger. She shrugged. "I-I..."

"Go to bed Brooklyn!" I yelled loudly. Tears threatened to escape from her eyes. She nodded and ran away. I sighed heavily. What's with this child?!

Brooklyn

Well that turned out well. Not! I sat back against my headboard. My head pounding with questions. Questions that need answers. I'm going back downstairs. Wiping my eyes, I jumped out of my bed and opened my door. Its silent. Too silent.

I stepped out in the hallway.

Everything was dark. I reached inside my room and turned on my bedroom light. Its light lit up half of the hallway. I walked forward.

10...
9...
8...
7...
6...
5...

"I-I'm s-sorry W-Wilmer!" Hearing Demi scream like this was breaking my heart to tiny little shatters. "SHUT UP DEMI!" He command. Cringe moment. I have to help her. She is my mother after all. I sucked in my breath and walked towards the shouting. With every step, my heart thumped harder.

I took the final step towards the door. My hand trembled as I grabbed hold off the crystal doorknob. Twisting felt harder than ever, everything seemed painfully slow. I pushed the door open and gasped. His eyes furiously turned to me, dropping Demi on the floor he walked towards me. My breaths were shallow.

"Weeeelllll," He slurred. "Loook whoo it issss." Gulped back my fear and the lump in my throat. "L-Leave her a-alone!" Demi gave me a look telling me to go back. But I can't. She'll get hurt. Wilmer's loud laughter echoed around the room. Oh shoot.

Then he fainted. Right on the spot. Strange right. That's what alcohol does to you? Then I don't want to drink, ever! "B-Brooklyn?" Demi asked weakly. I rushed over to help her, she hugged me and started crying. With every sob she pulled my heart strings. "I'm s-sorry." She told me. "It's not your fault Demi." I say looking deep in her eyes.

"We need to leave!" I told her. She shook her head rapidly. "Yes. We do, go pack while I get Veronica and Meghan." She sighed lightly and nodded.

She got up and rummaged through her closet weakly. "M-Demi, come downstairs when your done. I'm calling my uncle, to see if we can stay with him." She nodded and I walked out of the room dodging Wilmer's body on the way.

"Roni? Meg? You can come out now." I spoke outside Veronica's door knowing they will be hiding there. Oh by the way, I'm older than Veronica by a year. She just is taller than me. Since I'm a midget. They both walked out and hugged me hard. "We have to go girls, we are leaving." They nodded. "Go pack while I make some calls." They walked away and I to my room.

I picked up my phone. Dialled his number. "Hello Nick Jonas speaking."

"Uncle Nick, I need your help."

A/N

Sorry if this bored you to death. But I tried guys so yanno. Anyhoo what do you think will happen next. Vote,comment, follow bs have a nice day, afternoon, night idk

Update soon munchkins 😜