Chapter 7

Brooklyn

"Brook?Brooklyn? What are you doing calling me at midnight?Are you okay? Is everything alright? Do you-" he was cut short.

"Uncle please calm down! I need you to get us out of here. Quickly!" For a moment I thought he hung up on me since silence made its place. "Uncle, are you there?" I asked panicked. "Y-Yes I am and why?"

"Well this guy, W-Wilmer h-he hurt us." A gasp was heard on the other side of the line. "What?! Okay I'm coming, hang in there princess." I nodded, then remembering he couldn't see me. "Yes okay, Uncle Nick?" I heard rustling in the background. Guess he is really coming. Not that I doubted that he wouldn't, it's just that...never mind.

"Yes Brook?" He replied breathless. "Hurry before he wakes up." My bottom lip quivered. I know I have being putting up this front to prevent people from knowing what I'm really feeling;petrified but you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

"Okay, I'm coming,your at your moms house right?" I cleared my throat. "N-No, I'm at Demi Lovato's house, she is my real mother."

I heard him gulp. "D-Demi L-Lovato?" he commented wearily. "Yes, well Mrs Valderrama, Why? What's wrong?" The other end of the line shuffled loudly. "N-Nothing."

"Okay...," I said hesitantly, not really sure if I believed him. "You're on your way right?" I asked still worried he might of changed his mind. Because you know...eh never mind.

"Yes Brook, now get everyone out of the house and outside the front door. Don't w-worry, I'm coming." I cleared my throat and spoke, tears threatening to spill. "Okay unc see ya soon." I hung up and took a deep breath.

"Veronica, Meghan, Momma." I gasped.

"I mean Demi, I'm sorry. " I breathed out and looked down. She just ignored me. "My uncle Nick is on his way, he said to go outside the front door. H-He's not that far away." They nodded and I followed them to the front door, on the way grabbing my already made suitcase.

I took one last look behind. I wasn't here for that long. But for the time I had spent here was enough to terrify me for the lifetime.

A car horn sounded and out stepped my Uncle Nick. He walked towards me. "Hey Brook ready to go." I nodded. He looked up from me.

"D-Demi?"

She bit her lip shyly. "N-Nick?"