Chapter 2

Brooklyn

After a while I got kinda bored. Wait! Sorry. Let me explain. You see I 'tried' (Note the word down) to find my room but since 'Demi' is being rude, I couldn't. That's why I'm sat on the stairs bored out off my mind. Footsteps came near, I lifted my head slightly to find a girl. She looked older than me. "Who are you?" she spoke rather rudely. I mentally rolled my eyes but replied all the while. "Brooklyn, you?"

"Veronica." She spoke in a monotone. I nodded and looked down. "Veronica? Roni?" Demi's voice spoke out loud. "Mom who is this person?!" Demi came in and grimaced. "My daughter!" she spat slightly. Wow don't I feel loved? "Why is she here?" Veronica asked in disgust.

"She has to live with us babygirl." She spoke softly, pulling back a strand of hair from her face. Veronica nodded. "Well keep her out of my way." It wasn't like I was planning to get in your way anyway, stupid! Veronica brushed past me and ran upstairs to her bedroom most likely.

I looked down fiddling with the hem of my dress. "What are you doing here?" I shrugged. I didn't want to be here. This is not home. I felt a tear slowly escape from my eye. Sniffing, I wiped it away quickly. She can't see me cry...she'll know I'm weak.

Demi's pov

Why is she crying? She thinks I didn't see but I did. Brooklyn was never meant to come back. She's going to get hurt here. "C-Can you show me my room please?" Her voice was shy and quiet. I nodded. I walked past her and ran upstairs,looking back to see she wasn't following. "Are you coming?" From the corner of my eye I saw her roll her eyes.

She stared slowly climbing up the stairs following my lead eventually. I walked towards the end of the hallway to a guest bedroom that hasn't been used in ages. "This is your room." I spoke opening the door wide. She simply nodded and thanked me quietly. I saw how she walked in and started looking around smiling slightly. Her chestnut hair flowed beautifully down her back as she spun around carefully. Taking in every feature of the new room.

I sighed. How am I supposed to explain this to Wilmer? It's already bad enough that our marriage is breaking. Now with this. I won't even reach the age of 30 by the looks of it. "Ermm Demi?" Brooklyn started waving her hand in my face. "What?!" I snapped and she frowned slightly. "You can leave now." Her monotone voice echoed around the room. "Whatever!" I told her and began to walk away from her room.

"Mommy!" I heard Meghan yell. I sighed. This is going to be a long day.

A/N
Wazzupo?!! Sorry I haven't updated in ages but I'll try to. Anyway update soon munchkins 😜😜😜