Chapter 4

Brooklyn

The next morning's sun shone throughout the darkened room. It was alright for me,not too light and not too dark. Just perfect for me. I lifted my head up slowly since the pain still overwhelmed me. "Oww!" I whispered to myself, feeling the back of the head. It's wet. Slowly I removed my hand, and upon it red thick liquid laid there.

"When...when did I start bleeding?" I whispered to myself. I know I clearly remember Wilmer...dragging my hair...pretty roughly. But when did I start bleeding.Anyway what can I do now? I diverted my eyes away from my bloody fingers and looked around the room. I gasped when I saw a young girl staring at me intently. "Meghan?" I asked confused. "That's you name right?" She nodded slowly.

"Why are you in my room?" She opened her mouth but then shut it. "You can speak yanno, I don't bite." She nodded but still stayed quiet. Eventually, she opened her mouth again. "Mommy doesn't know I'm here." She looked scared, in fact scared would be an understatement. "Then what are you doing here? You might get into trouble."

I looked down at what she was wearing and saw how dressed up she was. "Where are you going?" She shifted nervously on her feet. "Auntie Maddie's granuation." She mumbled quietly.

"You mean graduation?" I asked slowly. She nodded. "Mommy and Daddy says your not allowed to come. Why?"

"Because...I'm not part of your family Meghan." Her perplexed expression softened. "But your my sissy, we have the same mommy." she lisped. I sighed heavily. "But I'm not part of your family Meghan. I'm an outcast."

"What's an outcast?" Her young voice chirped. "Someone that...Never-mind you don't need to know." She shrugged.

"Meghan?!" I heard Veronica call. "In here!" She yelled back. Veronica walked in. "What are you doing in....here?" She paused once she saw me. "Hey are you okay?"

I nodded but then felt dizzy. Next thing I knew I fell back on my bed and darkness came around me.

Veronica

"Brooklyn!" Meghan yelled. "Is she dead Ronnie?" I let go of Meghan's hand and rush over to Brooklyn's side. I check her pulse and it's fine. But her breathing isn't. "Meghan go call mom! Now!" She rushed out and yelled for mom.

Soon enough, mom appeared at the door exhausted. "W-What's wrong?"
I peered at her.

"Something's wrong mom."