When I Get You Alone

Soyeon is in a hurry. Like, really, really hurry. It's seven-twenty on a Saturday morning and she was woken half an hour ago by a call from her sister, who asked for God's sake if Soyeon could drop by her parents' house (they're traveling) and take some documents for her. An urgent case. Then, sleepy-eyed, the rapper has gotten up and is at the gym right now, not even knowing how the reception staff let her in, and moving her head with a precision that is starting to make her dizzy, looking for Sunhee.

But the rush is not to find her relative, but to get back to her warm, cozy bed, which waits for her to come home — it's a Saturday! Who gets up early on Saturdays?!

"Soyeon!" Sunhee's voice sounds.

The college student looks back to find her sister in gym clothes right at the door of a spa, and she goes there with the folder of documents in hand.

"Look, I'm going to start charging you for favors," she complains as she hands her the papers.

"My bad, my brain malfunctions every time Mom and Dad travel," the girl says.

There's a weird moment between the two because they aren't close sisters like most, they don't even have a friendly relationship and all because of the homophobic attacks that Sunhee, along with her father, has against Soyeon, something that Hyekyung has been working on with her daughter and husband to resolve.

"Sorry to bother and thanks for the favor. I don't need much more of your time."

"It's okay, have a good workout," Soyeon forces a smile.

Her sister leaves first, having already tucked the mustard-colored folder away in the locker behind her with her padlock, but Soyeon takes a moment to sit down and take a deep breath, her hands massaging her shoulders that ache from the bad position she's been in for most of dawn in that horrible chair of her bedroom, working on some songs. She gets up five minutes later, washes her face with the icy water from the sink and turns to the exit, but her passage is blocked by someone she knows all well. Too very well.

"Oh, come on. Are you all over the place now? Are you following me or what?" Yuqi revolts, her little nose wrinkling like she always does when she's nervous.

"I came in first," Soyeon remembers as she raises her eyebrows. She would even take this morning aggression seriously because of her own unhappiness at being awake, but the sight of Yuqi in patterned tights and that damn black top that knead her breasts keeps her mood from being disturbed.

"I've been coming here for over six months!"

"This is not a competition, Yuqi."

"Argh! Whatever Soyeon! Just get away from me!"

"Really? Is this what you want? Because that's not what it felt like when your fingers were-"

"Yah!" The Chinese interrupts her, crossing the room to open her closet and escape eye contact with Soyeon. "Mention this to someone and take all my fury."

"Kung Fu Panda?"

"You're going to make me lose my mind, Soyeon!"

"Okay," Yuqi only realizes she's behind her when it's too late, when Soyeon's hands are already on her sweaty waist, turning her towards her, and their bodies are almost touching. "Lose it, then."

Just like the first time, it's Song Yuqi who forces herself against the rapper's inviting lips, and together they head into one of the shower stalls, determined to ignore how public the place is, while, in the spa next door, Yukhei prepares for his bath, thinking already about which restaurant Yuqi will take him to have lunch today.

(...)