Annoying Lisa

Lunch Time is over and I saw Lucas enter the class just after the bell rang. I only know him in this school. Wait! I do know who Gwen, Lisa, and Noah are. I don't care about them, I just want to stay in this school so my mother won't be worried about me.

Mr. Andrew gave us a free study lecture. He had some work to be done in the staff room so he left the class in the care of Lucas. I decided to read the notes that Lucas gave. As usual, I was not able to concentrate. I saw Lucas standing in front of the teachers' place. He was reading the course textbook. Which book? I don't know.

Now I can see his face but still, his glasses were on my way. Just like I use my hair to hide my pretty face he must use his glasses to hide his handsome face.

WAIT! Handsome!? No way! Concentrate Sophie.

I said to myself.

I should only concentrate on my work and nothing else. This is the last year of High school and then the college entrance exam. I need to concentrate to support my family.

Just when I made up my mind, two girls who were in the same class as me came to me. One had short hair and was skinny. She had a perfect face, if she will participate in a beauty contest she will surely win. Of course, only if I am not her opponent.

The other one did not look anything special. She was plain and had tanned skin.

"Hey! My name is Miley and this is my best friend Ava." The pretty one said.

I would have never guessed that they are best friends.

I smiled a bit.

"Do you want to be our friend?" Ava continued.

It sure is out of the blue. I never expected people to come to me and ask me to be their friend.

Who would want to be a friend with someone who joined the school in the middle of the semester?

I don't want to be friends with someone like Ava but seeing another beauty beside her, I guess I don't have any harm and won't hurt me to have someone around me.

"No pressure!" Miley stated.

Should I say 'Yes'?

"Sure" I said.

Miley was so happy. She dragged Lucas's seat and sat beside me. Ava requested the girl in front of me to change seats with her. I wonder if Lucas will allow it?

I looked at him and he doesn't seem to be bothered.

"So Sophie, can I can you Sophie?" Miley asked.

Sophie, called by someone else. I guess it's okay.

"Yes, it's fine." I said.

"I know it's kind of personnel but why did you join our school in the middle of sem?" She asked.

I should have expected these questions. I don't want more people to know about my situation.

When I was about to say that I cannot tell her, Lisa entered the class from the back door and came to my desk.

Why the hell is she here?

"You!" She pointed at me.

I stood up in front of her. I have my pride and no one can bully me.

It will a good show for the class though. I know that it won't last long because Lucas is going to interrupt like before, I guess but he has to because the class is under his care and by now I know that he takes his job seriously.

I remember she was talking about someone's favor.

I barely know someone here. It's my FIRST DAY.

Is she talking about our homeroom teacher? No way that she is into older men!

When Lisa was about to say Miley said, " What do you want Lisa? You know that this my territory. Did you forget about the rules? You can only boss around the cafeteria which is on the exact opposite."

Territory, huh! I guess I made friends with the perfect bitch.

"She is one who broke the rules. LUCAS is for everyone!" She said annoyingly and pressed on 'Lucas'.

If Lucas is the popular one then what is the role of Noah? Oh, Sophie, she is misunderstanding the situation. EXPLAIN!

My inner voice said this to me.

"Lisa-" Miley held my hand and continued to talk with Lisa.

"He is OUR class president so I get to decide."

"I am Lucas, so I should control my life." Lucas came to the back to control the situation and send annoyed Lisa away.

"Please go back to your class which I suppose is on the second floor." Lucas said.

As I expected, Lisa left the class with an annoyed face.

"Sure! Brother..." Miley said.

Ava was enjoying the situation. Wait! She said 'brother'.

"They both are twins." Ava said who was standing beside me. When did she get here? She sure walks silently.

"Oh!" I tried my best to express my amazement. Ava went back to the seat where was sitting.

"Sophie let's go back to our seats and you, my brother; off to where you were." Miley kept her hands on my shoulder and turned me and pushed me to my seat.

Now I have something interesting to talk about.