Bond

I guess she bought something to eat.
She came with a covered plate.
"Get ready! To taste your favorite!" she took the cover off.
It was Caprese salad with pesto sauce, sis's favorite. She can eat this for dinner, lunch, and breakfast too. She says that all she needs is this dish to keep her going. I don't know what is so special about this dish but I like it because she loves it.
"Wow!" sis exclaimed.
Mom kept the plated dish in front of her.
"This is for you!" she said to her.
"But... What about her?" she pouted. She is always concerned about me. Even when her mental state is not stable, inside somewhere she looks out for me.
A Savage girl like her, acting like this, it was hard for me to believe.
"You can have it all." I said.
"Really! You are the best!" she said and soon attacked on food.
I glanced at mom and she looked happy. She gave me rice and meat. Our typical Italian meal in simplified words.
I like this simple meal but I liked it more when I had many options to choose from.
I gave her a smile which always finds cute.
"Mom, you are not eating?" I saw that she was sitting without a plate and no bowl. I asked her with rice in my mouth.
"I already ate and don't forget your table manners. Don't talk while eating. Enjoy your meal." she said and patted us on our head.
Sis was eating so happily. Since the accident, she was admitted to the hospital and we rarely ate together but now that her situation good from before we can live together again. Though I miss dad too much, for now, all I can do is pray.
We completed our food and mom did the dishes. I made the bed and sis was drawing in her book. Mom washed her hands after completing and came to her and asked, "Hon, what are you drawing?"
"Shhh!" she shushed her but putting a finger on her lips and continued, "It's a gift for her." she whispered.
Though I heard it, I will pretend that I didn't.
"Call her by name, So-phi-a." mom said.
That's right. She stopped calling me by name since then.
"I can't." she replied and continued her drawing.
"Then call her sis." mom is so stubborn.
"She is smaller than me then why should I?" she replied and got up to take a drink. She left her colors and book lying on the floor. She likes her things so much that she doesn't leave them even for a second.
She is back to normal!
She walked out. I am mom tried to stop her at the door.
" Sis! Where are you going?" I asked.
"To dad." She bluntly replied and wore her shoes.
I decided to go with her. She can go back anytime soon.
"I will go with you!" I insisted.
"Okay! But be careful. They are following us." she whispered to me.
I told mom to not worry about us and stay home.
She took her hat out from the bag and tailed her hair.
She is really back. This is the longest time till now and she is doing everything that she used to do before going outside or when she needs to hide from someone.
We both walked together after a long time. I don't need to hold her, now I feel like I am the small one. Even didn't talk on our way to the hospital, I just followed her quietly.
"Soph, keep it a secret. I was almost in my senses the moment I started eating. I pulled myself more and came back. I don't know for how long it will last but I to tell you this." She stopped before entering the hospital.
"Stay away from him! I saw him." she ordered.
"Are you talking about Lucas?" I wondered. He is a great guy! He is helping me with my studies and helped me handling your discharge and everything else.
"I am talking about-" she suddenly stopped, removed her hat, and untied her hair.
"What are we doing here? Are you again leaving me here?" she said and pouted. She was back to her old self.
"No dear. I... You forgot your crayon so, we came here." I replied.
"I don't need it. I hate hospital let's go back!" she said stepped away from the gate of the hospital.
"Sure!"
We came back home.
She fell asleep instantly. It was because of her schedule. Nurses are very strict with it.
"How was it?" mom sled, curiously.
I cannot tell her the details.
"When we were about to enter, she was back." I answered.
Mom sighed and said, "It's okay! It's good that she is recovering."
We both smiled at each other and ended our discussion and laid down.
"Soph!" mom called me.
"Yes, mom!"
"You are doing a great job and I am proud of you." she said.
"Good night, princess."
"Night mom!"
I am happy that mom is proud of me and it's not only one way. She way she has adapted to things is great. It is not easy to live a poor life all of a sudden.
I was really happy when sis was back, even if it was only for 20 minutes. I still wonder about whom sis was talking. I will forget about it for the time being. I only know that she talked to me the way she used to talk and ordered me or worried about me the way she used to.
I took the hat which she wore on her way to the hospital.
"It's Lucas's hat. I will return it tomorrow." I whispered to myself. I kept the hat in the back so that I won't forget about it.
I should probably sleep now. I just want to live in those 20 minutes when sis was normal. On my way to the hospital, all I was wishing about was that the time could stop and I can live in that moment forever.
It is impossible to do that but no one can stop me from wishing.